[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Very Small Collection of Holographic Nail Polish

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I have a small collection of holographic nail polish.  Holographics are my favorite and sometimes I wish I could transmit some holographic image as the sun hits them--"Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.."  But since that possibility is in the near future, I will just show you some swatches of my collection.

So far and thanks to a friend who gifted most of these to me. I like China Glaze holographics since they tend to be consistent in texture and color. They are easy to work with and spread onto the nail with ease without any streaks. The holographic effect is fantastic.

Milani is another nice one but it does lack some strength in showing the holographic properties, mostly a glittery holographic effect but still good for a drugstore one.


After seeing the brand Layla all over the net in many blogs; I was excited to see this at my Ulta. However, the price shocked me at $15.50 a bottle! I had a 20% coupon which brought down the price somewhat but really still is overpriced in my opinion.  I thought this would be the holographic polish of all time but when I put this one on, it streaked like a 70's hippy in a middle of soccer match, leaving bits of my nail naked as I applied more.  And that was just the first coat.   I tried this one with base coat then without and still the same results.  I thought I got a dud but many have told me the same result.  The formula really needs work especially at a price that is close to a cosmetic counter value.  You can see by the picture on a nail wheel it is pretty but it did still streak, bummer!



So, there you have it, my collection of holographics.  What are your favorites?

A footnote-this blog is probably going into the crapper this summer because I have become a TV addict.  I have to catch up on shows that I have never watched like Revenge and Vampire Diaries.  I know this sounds selfish but it also helps me save some money for other stuff like a vacation.  Are you planning on catching up on any shows?

**thank you Joy for the polish



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact