Friday, May 4, 2012

, , , , , , , , , ,   |  

A Review of the Items Inside My Glossybox

Yesterday's post was just a quick introduction on what was inside.  In this post, I checked out each full size products and give you my quick thoughts on each of them.

This Glossybox contained five full size products and one sampler pack from Erno Laszlo.  Since that was a sampler pack, I left it unopened to save for later.

   
BASQ Cucumber Tea Eye Gel ($24USD)-This happens to be a soothing gel and by soothing it contains menthol just like a muscle rub.  On aching muscles, a mentholated cream is nice but close to the eye I find this unnecessary.  However, I do like this one because it feels good around my eyes at night.  I don't apply this during the day because it messes up my makeup application; has a tendency to pill up.  Again, even though the menthol is not strong like a muscle rub and is only apparent when smelling the jar and during the beginning application, this can be irritating for some people.  Be aware.


OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips ($8.50USD)-This is a nice feminine hot pink but not to hot to make it neon.  No shimmer, no glitter, just that basic polish.  I think this makes a nice base for some nail art!!


C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Body Lotion ($12USD)-A nice lotion with no greasy finish.  Moisturizes with a very nice and soothing lavender with just a touch of peppermint to make it refreshing.  I find this one nicer than most lavender scented lotions I have tried.


CARGO EyeBronzer ($22USD)-It isn't a loose powder nor is it a cream but it acts like one and less messy than a loose shadow.  This one can be used as an eyeliner and eyeshadow.  Blends easily but stays on like a cream.  I like this one for the ease but the color, a shimmery amber is not one of my favorites.  I paired it with a teal/aqua liner, makes me feel like a fish out of water!


Kryolan High Gloss Brilliant Lip Shine in Toffee ($18.10USD)-This one had me excited the most.  I haven't tried Kryolan lip products for a long time because I wasn't exactly happy with them.  The last lip product was probably from their now discontinued Vistique line.  I am glad to see that the lip line has improved.  This lip gloss is saturated enough in color for a drag queen.  Wait, Kryolan is loved by drag queens so you know the stuff is saturated.  The color Toffee is a nude caramel and really not the best for some.  The texture is sticky to allow the pigments to adhere and can be layered from sheer to opaque.  In the picture I used it on its own.  I suggest using it on top of a lipliner or lipstick for a smoother finish.  Definitely, a pro lipgloss that has me wondering about other colors!


There you have it the five full size plus the sampler pack.  Remember, Glossybox is $21 a month and you can sign up here.  This many full size products won't be in your box monthly as stated in PinkSith's update.  If you are fine with that and want to try products from several high end lines then this is a sampling line for you.

Do any of the products interest you?  Or do you find them eh? Do you wish there was a sampling program on pro products?  Aren't you glad Fringe has been renewed for a 5th season?  Comment below.

Disclosure: PR sample

Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs