[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Hippy-ness of Urban Decay Woodstock Eye Pencil

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I have to admit that I envy the younger generation for having access to a vast array of colorful make up.  In my time it was either the bright clown colors of a theatrical line or the antiquated colors of the cosmetic counter.  Nothing in between and nothing readily available.  Now, when I see these colors show up in eyeliner form, something stirs up inside me.

I think it is called rationalizing.  I don't need this; I am too old for this; I didn't have this in my youth; why relive your youth; embrace your wisdom; oh shut the f*ck up; I want it!  Yeah, this was the conversation in my head when I saw Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Woodstock ($19USD).

This shimmery hot pink with bits of silver is a pencil that can be hard to wear on many especially those ready to rock the rocking chair, but as a true rocker I will persevere and find a way to wear it without looking like some over-aged Emo.


How would I wear this out in public?  A color like this deserves the center of attention, this means don't go applying other colors with it.  You want to grab the attention of people not some parrot.  Keep your shadows neutral and/or apply a similar color in a sheer texture on top of the neutrals.  Still feel uncomfortable?  Stack it or apply it with a neutral eyeliner color.  Here, I applied it with a dark brown.


So you see, a hag like me can still wear this and still live out her punk rock/glam rock years without looking stuck in that era.  I think this pencil brings out the possibilities of more unconventional colors.  Why not a shimmery red Urban Decay? I would love to see a long lasting formula in that!!  How about one before I expire?  What do you think?  What colors would you like to see?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact