What Do I Have in Common with a Doughnut? I am Glazed

Lately, thanks to the warm weather (and eventually to the searing and sautéed heat) my makeup has become minimal.  This leaves me with space in my brain usually the part thinking about color, and an empty space doesn't leave me happy.  I have to fill it with something, thus my hair.

As you know from this post, I have been triple processing my hair. Well, I stopped that and just double process. I bleach then apply a demi-permanent haircolor which acts like a permanent haircolor because of the porosity of my hair. And, due to me becoming more daring with my bleach, I have lightened my hair even lighter. (PLEASE, if you don't know what you are doing with bleach, don't play around with it thinking all will be easy and grand. I know many of you are ending up like a carrot top because I see many slip into Sally's on weekends hoping to resolve this before Monday's workday.) If you want more info on haircoloring and are a member of Makeupalley, you can find the information under the username haircolorguide or just look on my notepad under Olivia142 and there will be a link. Okay, where was I?


Oh yeah, my hair.  The last time I colored my hair a crazy color was in this post.  It was just a strip of crimson color.  I never expected it to make me lose money.  I would go up to the cashier with coupon in hand for a real nice discount and what would happen?  The staring of the stripe led to the forgetfulness of the swipe of the coupon! Of course, stupid me would forget to look at the receipt until it was too late.  This meant I had to go back and get my discount or refund!  This happened 3x's and I figured time to get rid of the stripe!

So, how will this be different?  It's a glaze.  I just get glints of the color depending on how the sunlight hits.  If some of you remember, glazing was majorly new in the 80's.  I did it back then with tame colors.  This time though I took the wacky, wild, and deeply saturated colors to glint my locks!

Here are the before pictures of my hair.  Depending on the lights the color varies from a warm light brown to glints of dark blonde (or lighter :-s).  And please, don't burn your retinas from my very pasty looking arm!


The two major colors I used are from Sally's Beauty Supply-Beyond the Zone Color Jamz in Not So Shy Violet and Crimson Storm.


I also mixed in some other colors to tweak it a bit to get rid of some of the unwanted colors in my normal colored hair.  Since I didn't want the full colored effect and just a glaze, I mixed it with a clear gloss to dilute the effect but not the saturation of color.  The end color in the bowl is what I call a blue raspberry.


I basically applied the mixture on my dry hair and left it on for about 35 minutes without heat.  With heat it would penetrate better, but really my hair was porous enough and the color would take easily.  Shampooed and rinse.  The result ended up how I exactly wanted.  My natural (<--LOL) colored hair still is visible as you can see.  However, depending on the lights the blue raspberry tone shows up.  I also got rid of some of that gold brightness that actually resembled hay for a horse.  I am content with the results.  This will fade slowly to the point I will have a softer version of this permanently due to the state of my hair.  Now, I am plotting what color to have next-coral? mauve? lavender?


What do you think?  Is there a different color I should try? Should I move my haircolor guide to this blog as one of the pages at the top?  Should I just go platinum blonde? Does anyone watch Grimm?  If you would like to answer any of these questions, just comment.


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs

Who Am I?

I am Olivia, writer of two beauty blogs with a cult following The Unknown Beauty Blog and Into the Palette. I am a B-List Beauty Blogger with a strong addiction to television!

View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs