[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Giovanni D:Tox System Purifying Facial Cleanser

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


My recent jaunt to Whole Foods had me looking for a facial cleanser.  I really didn't want something  ludicrously expensive.  My criteria consisted of an affordably priced, gentle yet effective but non-drying formula.  I found this Giovanni D:Tox System Purifying Facial Cleanser ($9.95USD).

I have tried Giovanni's Eco Chic Haircare line and found it to be a great alternative to salon brands.  Why not try the facial line? Starting with the cleanser which rivals cosmetic counter brands.

For close to $10 you get a nice big bottle (7oz) of cleanser containing volcanic ash and activated charcoal with antioxidants of acai and goji berry.  The ingredients are 100% vegetarian, cruelty-free with no phthalates, artificial fragrance, dyes, sulfates, and parabens.  Sounds like a winner but does it do its job on my normal to dry skin?


What I don't like about cleansers is that dry tight feeling that I get after washing, nor do I want any slickness  leftover.  I just want a cleanser that will remove makeup and leave my skin looking and feeling refreshed. ( I do remove the initial makeup with a wipe off cleanser which is a habit for me. )  For some reason I expected the volcanic ash and charcoal to dry out my skin or the scent to be unpleasant.  No to both.  Not drying and it smells like a Giovanni product.  I do have one gripe though, the shape and hardness of the bottle makes the product "drool" out; kind of like I do on the plane when I am sleeping.  (Now, you know not to sit next to me on the plane.  Cabin pressure does this to me!) The cleanser is a very ominous looking black that appears to be able to scare away all the dirt and grime.  The lather is very little but enough to produce a small amount of bubbles that are easily washed away.


This cleanser does a great job in cleansing and leaving the skin refreshingly moist without any film leftover.  It has no greasy feeling which I am guessing would also be good for oily skin.  I have had no problems with the volcanic ash or the charcoal.  Those two ingredients seem to help cleanse away the summer sweat also. 

Fairly priced, effective, cruelty-free and vegetarian.  Definitely a keeper for me!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact