[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

I Want My Revenge!

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I never got around to watching the tv show Revenge when it first started last fall, but thanks to Hulu I got to watch this show in one run.  I am glad I did because waiting for the episodes weekly would have me gnawing at my make up brushes! 

For those of you who don't know about the show, it is about a young woman who returns to the Hamptons to avenge her father's death.  She does this by changing her name and befriending the people who betrayed her father.

I won't go into any details or reveal any spoilers but can you imagine the juicy drama and revelations that occur.  The funny thing is the main character Emily may be the victim in this story but I find her to be the same as Victoria Grayson--pure bitch! And, I love them both.  Speaking of Victoria Grayson who is played by the beautiful Madeleine Stowe, I couldn't help but stare at her make up.  She had the perfect eye makeup, almost smoky but not quite smoky.  The application just emphasized her bitchy wisdom and worked with her own maturity.  I could see there were certain techniques used to enhance mature eyes.  However, not only does her eyeshadow application work on mature women, they work on the younger woman also or for those who just never got the hang of the dark smoky look. 


To get Victoria Grayson's eyeshadow look, it only takes a few products and a bit of know how.  First, here are the products which I would use since these are what I have.  I am in no way stating that these were the products used, they are just how I interpreted her eyes.


  1. A crease-proof base-MAC Paint Pot in Painterly 
  2. A black eyeliner-MAC Engraved
  3. A shimmery dark brown shadow Stila Twig
  4. A shimmery warm sand beige shadow Faces Cosmetics 147
  5. A matte medium brown color (very important)-Kryolan TV Brown
  6. A face highlighter-Le Blanc de Chanel 
  7. False Lashes-Ardell Duralash Individual lashes
The most important product or a product everyone should have in their eyeshadow arsenal is a brown which I often mention in my tutorials to define, divide, and conquer the parts of the eyes.  The rest of the items can be substituted with different colors.  The exact same products don't have to be used, just similar products that you may have. 

Now, that you have all the cosmetics in front of you, check out my tutorial on Victoria Grayson's eyes on Into the Palette.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact