[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Trying to Nail the Beach

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


When I was a teen I used to do a lot of nail art.  I can't say I was good at it but I can tell you I had a lot more patience back then.  Today, I just don't have that much patience and wondered why.  I realized when the brain wants to relax; it just refuses to do anything else than watch tv or read a book.  But somehow, this time I have coaxed my brain into doing something on my nails other than just painting them with one color.  I thought about the beach.

Yes, the beach where the saltwater rushes up onto the feet all the while the grains of sand just squish between your toes. (I love that feeling!)  The feeling just stayed in my mind and I envisioned the beach and the colors.  These are the variations I came up with for my nails.

For the first one I tried a simple one with two colors:  OPI Number One Nemesis and OPI Teal the Cows Come Home.



I used Teal the Cows Come Home as the base representing the color of the ocean and sponged onto the tips Number One Nemesis to represent the sand on the shore.

For a more complex one I used three colors: OPI Austin-Tatious Turquoise, OPI Number One Nemesis, and China Glaze Passion.



The sheerness of Austin-Tatious acts as the clear blue sea washing over the sand (China Glaze Passion, then you see the grains of sand represented by Number One Nemesis.

In my next one I wanted more of a deep blue see and just a bit of sand.  I used two of the same colors again but added Faces 553 for a deeper blue


There you have it my beached sand nails!

Can I say I am slightly embarrassed at my lack of skills?  I think I will most likely stick to being a nail color purist.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact