[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Eco Friendly Widu Wooden Hairbrush

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Yes, I am still on Pinterest and yes, this blog is slowing down.  But, I figured I would write about whatever is on my mind.  What popped into my mind was my hairbrush-Widu.  Nothing to get excited about.  It isn't really a want or a need but a "have" product that loses its spotlight because it isn't anything new to me.  I guess you could say it is a holy grail product since I haven't changed brands for about 20 years!  Yikes, that long!

I bought my first Widu back in the late 80's early 90's. I was intrigued by the wooden bristles. Before my Widu I did buy the hairbrush touted as wonderful and fantastic by some great New York hairstylist but to tell you the truth that hair brush didn't work for my somewhat coarse hair. I have also tried the 100% boar bristles but I might have just used a baby hair brush instead; again the bristles never brushed my coarse hair. I needed a brush that would distribute the oils on my scalp down to my hair shaft without destroying my hair. Widu was it.

The one I have is the Large Ash Wood brush with Removable Head ($50).  I honestly don't remember buying it for $50USD, more like $30 but that was back in the late 90's.  (This one is my second Widu brush.)  These brushes if taken care of last a long time.  My first one died on me because the rubber base got torn up after use but now I see there are replacement heads ($25 for the small; $40 for the large).


I do clean these to get the hair and oil from building up on the base.  I just remove the base and dump it in a soapy mix of shampoo and water.  Once in a blue moon, I will remove all the bristles to clean anything that might have been caught between them and the base.   Removal of the bristles is easy just push and they pop out. If any of them needed replacement, I just used the extra bristles that were included.


However, to keep this cleaner than usual or easier to clean I just use a cheesecloth or a gauze cloth and just push the bristles through and tie it in the back.  When it gets dirty or when the hair just builds up on the base, just take off the cloth and the hair can be removed. ( You know just how hard it is to remove hair from the base of a brush.) Stupid idea, I know but something about hair accumulating at a base of a brush bugs me.



There you have it, my favorite hairbrush.  I admit it is pricey but I haven't bought a new hairbrush in ages.  If you try one, you will know what I mean.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact