[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Ifs, Ends, and Butts! Vigoss Jeans and 7 For All Mankind

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*

I admit I don't pay much attention to the names of jeans lately.  There are way too many  different brands.  Times were simpler when all I did was go down to a local five & dime store and bought a pair of Levi's 501 Shrink-to-Fit jeans for about $10.  If they were on sale, I could get two pairs for that price.  Nowadays, I have to pay way more and I have to spend the entire day trying to find A PAIR that fits.  Once I find a pair, sometimes the same size will not work on a different style because of the cut.  Jeans math is not my forté!  But when I do find jeans that fit, I feel triumphant yet wonder, do they look right?

Here are the four jeans (yes, only four at the moment):  2 pairs of Vigoss Jeans and 2 pairs of 7 For All Mankind

Vigoss Jeans

Vigoss Bootcut are what I like in a pair of jeans when it comes to fit.  Low-waist but not super low (like those ones that hit the pubic bone).  The back curves and hits below the small of the back.  Sits on the hipbones and misses the floppy jelly parts of the belly and waist.  No need to wear a belt for security, this won't go riding down my butt.  It stays wear it is suppose to stay.

Vigoss Bootcut

Vigoss Bootcut

Vigoss Skinny are my first pair of skinny jeans since high school.  (Remember Bonjour Jeans?)  Yes, I avoided skinny jeans because none ever looked right.  I was also hoping the style would be a fad but no. They turned out to be great to wear with boots and that is why I bought a pair.  (Anyone remember wearing those stirrup pants?)  Like the bootcut version, these sit in the same area.

Vigoss Skinny

Vigoss Skinny

Both styles have spandex which will stretch and move in all the right places.  The fabric is soft and medium-weight; not too thick and not too thin.  For me, I find them just right.

7 For All Mankind

7 For All Mankind Bootcut in Nouveau New York is another nice bootcut style.  The fabric is a mid-weight denim with spandex.  The thread or weave is a bit more refined than the Vigoss making it lie softer on the skin.  The waist is a natural-rise and sits higher than the Vigoss thus hitting the wobbly bits of my waist but still a couple of inches below the belly.  The back rise is also higher and lies right on the small of my back.  With this higher rise I find the waistband opens up in back and I have to wear a belt because when I sit down, it has a tendency to just slide a bit too low for my taste.  It doesn't stop to grab the curve of my bum.  Or, I might have to buy a size smaller which might make me feel like my thighs being squeezed into a sausage casing.  Still I like these jeans because the fabric is very comfy.

7 For All Mankind Bootcut Nouveau New York

7 For All Mankind Bootcut Nouveau New York

7 For All Mankind Button-Fly Boy Cut jeans are the first pair I ever bought from this line.  These jeans are 3 sizes too big and I have to wear a belt.  I love them because they are button-fly like the 501 Levis of the past.  These are also boy cut and sloppy.  I wish this style was never discontinued or I would buy a pair in a size that I wear now.  Even though these are too big, I keep them for those "fat days" or days when I just want to pig out on gelato.  Comfy, sloppy, baggy, and button-fly!

7 For All Mankind Boy Cut Button-Fly

7 For All Mankind Boy Cut Button-Fly

There you have it, the first time for you and me to see myself in jeans (like you would see me).  I am beginning to see the differences in the cuts of these brands.  I won't nitpick here but now I know what to look for in jeans and hopefully it should make shopping easier next time.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact