[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Soho Beauty Sponge - Is it Spongeworthy?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


My recent excursion to Walgreens made me question my spongeworthiness.  After all, I am not one to buy sponges at a drugstore since they aren't satisfying in their firmness.  (There may be a joke there but I can't think of one at the moment.)  However, when I saw this neon pink sponge glowing on the display, I decided to try one.

Soho Beauty tools are sold at various drugstores and Target.  They are affordably priced and their makeup brushes are decently made.  The sponge itself cost $7.99USD at Walgreens but was on sale for $5.99.  Originally this sponge was similarly shaped like the Beauty Blender.  For some reason it had been reshaped to resemble an elongated football.

This sponge is a very good quality in terms of texture.  It is firm enough to allow stippling yet soft enough for the fingers to hold without much effort.  The pointed ends make application in corners of the eyes and nose easy, while the elongated shape allows a fast application of the foundation.  And, since this sponge is good quality it isn't porous like those bargain bag of sponges.  This won't soak up the foundation.


Size-wise, the diameter of the sponge is about 1" and when wet expands to about 2".  The length is about 3 ¼" dry and wet about 4 ⅛".  Washing is easy, just use what you use for your brushes.  I haven't found the water to turn pink during cleansing with this sponge.  So far this sponge is colorfast.


This is one sponge that I find myself using all the time, enough to forgo my Alcone sponges.  I like this one so much that I ended up buying 6 more.  This sponge is spongeworthy for both the regular makeup aficionado and makeup pro.  Just one thing; if you have cats, make sure you lock this up!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact