[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Physicians Formula Dependable Concealer - Youthful Wear

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I don't know why I buy so many concealers.  Maybe, because they are beige and nude in color, I hope they will miraculously transform me and give me that perfectly awakened natural face.  Most of my concealer buys are from pro or cosmetic counter brands. Drugstore brands are a hit or miss and on rare occasion it can be a hit.  When I saw the Physicians Formula brand, I was intrigued since it was packaged similarly to a high end brand.

Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Concealer (mouthful to say) retails for about $13USD.  Similiarities with the LORAC concealer only pertain to the packaging and the concealer.  While LORAC houses a highlighter at the bottom, Physician's formula houses a liquid form of the concealer or neutralizer.


The concealer comes in two colors: Light+Light and Yellow+ Light.  The stick on both is the same color while the liquid is different.  I find that the choice of two colors is really detrimental to the line because this is one wonderful concealer.  Lucky for me, both colors work on my light skin tone but darker skin tones will find these of no use.  The stick offers heavier coverage while the liquid offers a lightweight one which is buildable.  The yellow neutralizes any dark circles and the stick can be layered on top for a more natural finish.  The blending of the product is done with the rollerball which I find nice to use under the eyes for that bit of a quick massage.


The texture of the stick is unbelievably smooth and for a drugstore concealer, I was really surprised.  It spreads like butter but doesn't melt away like one.  Doesn't feel dry or tight nor is it greasy and slick, feels smooth like vinyl and moves with the skin.  The liquid part is smooth and creamy and dries to powdery finish.  I am WOWED by this concealer!  I like the feel and finish of it.  Compared to Maybelline, I have to say this one has a more refined texture.

I use the liquid as an eyeshadow base.  Now, you may use it differently but I find it to be fantastic as a base.  It has a smooth finish and powder shadows go on nicely on top.  The stick I use on the bottom because that is where I need a bit of moisture or movement in my concealer.  In the picture you can see my process.  The last picture is a full day of wearing eye makeup on top in the summer heat.  I had very good results.


If you have a light skin tone then I suggest you try this one.  The price may be a bit high for a drugstore concealer but there are coupons, deals and such to get it cheaper.  The formula wears well and though the roller ball is a bit gimmicky, in a pinch it does its job.  Another great drugstore concealer!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!

Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact