[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Guess What's Playing on this Blog - Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


When I received this press sample from the product line of Anastasia Beverly Hills, I never expected to feel what I felt.  A flood of memories of my teenage years with my bedroom walls covered in posters of various musicians from Cheap Trick to Pat Benatar and all the music in between.  I remember sitting in my bedroom spending many hours playing records on my turntable all the while learning to apply makeup rather than doing my homework.

Fast forward and I am pretty much the same.  Okay, I don't have my posters and I don't even have a record player.  But I do still like to play with makeup and Anastasia has created two Holiday kits for the eyes and lips.  And, if you grew up during the late 70's and 80's then these products will just bring a smile to anyone's face.

What you won't see but I had to show was the press sample I received with a mock up record sleeve.  Does anyone remember records? For those of you who don't, they are pressed vinyl with music on them.  A stylus came in contact with the vinyl and out came the scratchy sounds of music blaring out of Stonehenge size speakers.  Yes, those were the days, and I have to admit I was a bit picky about records and often bought imports (from Japan) because they were just better quality and better sound.  Okay, I am getting off the subject. 

Anyway, here is the Anastasia "record" that introduces the two Holiday kits: Want You to Want Me clutch for the eyes ($34USD) and Kisses on My List Vol. 2 lipgloss set ($30USD).  Like I said, I don't have a turntable/stereo now but I still do have my vintage portable one!


With names like Platform Wedge, Front Row Center, Ziggy, Members Only, Power Ballad, Jellies, Graphic T's, Brass in Pocket, and Iron On for the eyeshadows; who wouldn't want this just for the names?  And how about Moi, Maggy May, Jolene, Lola, Roxanne, and Sharona for the lips?







Everything about these Holiday items scream fun and memories; and for those who were just an embryo, consider these kits as a gift for your mum or anyone you know who grew up in that era.  I can guarantee they will smile widely and enjoy applying the products.

I definitely do!  By the way, in upcoming posts I will do an in depth review of each kit.  Until then, enjoy this video by Blondie!



Disclosure: PR sample


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact