[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow Pencil in 2E is a VIP

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


On my recent excursion to Sephora with a limited budget in mind, I wondered what product would be the most useful and needed out of everything I saw.  I can tell you I must have looked very lost because about three sales assistants asked me if I needed help.  What I needed was a brain whose cells regenerated quickly to aid me in my decision making process.  After several swatches and rational conversations with myself, I narrowed it down to this ONE pencil-a Very Important Pencil.

Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow Crayon in 2E ($20USD) is a matte brown pencil that I believe is a must have for anyone who wears eye makeup.  Why?  In several of my posts like this one here, I mention the importance of an eye contour color.  This pencil is close to perfection when it comes to color and texture for that purpose.

This very important pencil is a waterproof, sweatproof, and budgeproof once it sets.  The color is a matte dark brown that blends to a medium brown.  The pencil itself is not retractable (which is a shame) and has to be sharpened.


The texture may be a long-lasting one but it contains enough wax to allow it to be smudged before it sets completely.  And unlike a wax formula, the color will stay and not migrate.  (Of course, this depends on your eye prep method also.)

In the short tutorial below I show how important this pencil can be for eyeshadow application.  In addition I used only two eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: Booty Call and Busted; plus a black eyeliner pencil.

This pencil emphasizes the crease for any eye shape.  I pretty much do a version of the hooded eyes tutorials.  If you have deep set eyes you might want to apply in this way here.  One thing I learned about this pencil is to do one eye at a time.  Don't mark the eyes first then try to blend because it will set and make blending impossible.


1-My prepped eye. 2-Take the MUFE Aqua Shadow 2E and emphasize the orbital ridge.  3-Blend.  4-Since my orbital ridge is the Asian version, I like to go back and emphasize it a bit more with MUFE.  5-Using Urban Decay Booty Call eyeshadow, I just apply from lashline to browbone.  6-See how it turns out to be a taupe color? The orbital ridge is emphasized and I could just apply a winged eyeliner to finish it.  7-Taking a darker color Urban Decay Busted, I enclose the lid area and blend.  8-With the same color I emphasize the orbital ridge again.  9-I line the bottom lashline.  10-How it looks so far.  11-I add the eyeliner (I apply it similar to Fringe Olivia's.) 12 & 13-See how the end of the eyeliner slightly turns up.  (This gives that illusion of lift on my mature and wise eyes.)

Below are the Before and Afters.


If you are looking for a product that will emphasize or contour your eye (orbital ridge), then this one is a good one to get. It is easy to use, a great color, and works wonderfully layered.  In a pinch, it works great as a brow color!

**special thanks to Brelki for Naked 2 palette xoxo




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact