[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Maybelline Super Stay 10 Berry Heavenly & Stila Raspberry Crush

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Okay, so I have enough lip products to last me at least three lifetimes and I do like them all.  The lipsticks in the matte, cream, and shimmer textures in their wax and polymer base of pigments make my lips look and feel sexy.  Then there is the collection of glosses from opaque to sheer with that vinyl shine.  So, how about the lip stains? Yeah, I only have one so far and I wrote about it recently here.  This meant I had to add more to that lonely one, another Stila in Rasberry Crush and a Maybelline Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss.


First the Maybelline, this one is the Super Stay 10 Stain Gloss in Berry Heavenly ($9USD).  The color is a berry wine with no shimmer.  The applicator is a weird looking oval brush with a hole in it.  When I first looked at the brush it reminded me of some other household brush but I won't get into it.  The formula is supposed to be a long-lasting glossy stain.


I can't say it is a gloss but it is a stain.  I tried this with the applicator and found it to be a bit messy especially with that hole in the middle.  Why a hole? The excess tends to leak out of the hole and apply unevenly onto the lips which meant a disappearance of the lip product.  If I wanted a long-lasting finish, this meant patting it onto the lips in thin layers which I did in the picture below.  There is a slight dryness to this product which can be resolved by applying lipgloss on top.  I know it defeats the purpose of the one product stain-gloss but I haven't found a long-lasting makeup product that doesn't dry down to a somewhat dull finish.


Stila Raspberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain ($24USD) is a product that is aptly named to be applied onto the lips and cheeks.  Me, I just use it on the lips because I like to have some color control over my blush and not something staining it into a blob of color.  This one is deeper and definitely cooler in tone than the Yumberry Crush.  Although it doesn't show up well in the pictures, the raspberry does have a beautiful shimmery sheen to it.  Again in the picture below I tapped the product onto my lips for better color application.


Both products are saturated with color and both dry down losing their glossy finish.  Both can be topped off with lipgloss to counteract some of the dry feeling.  One thing that has to be noted with lip stains is the lips have to have a smooth finish or else every bit of chapped lips will show up.  Other than that I think lip stains are a nice addition to a lip collection.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact