[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Prestige Doesn't Have to Cost an Arm and a Leg

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Recently, I was contacted by Prestige Cosmetics to try some of their products. Of course, I jumped at the chance!  I like their products and I find the colors they have are fashion forward and wearable.  I also admire the line to have survived over 30 years in business which is now inundated with more cosmetic than ever.

Prestige Cosmetics not only kept the line affordable, they have expanded with the ever changing needs of their customers by offering everything from makeup primer to minerals.  There is a vast array of products in this line.  However, due to my demographic, the displays I always have are the smaller versions and I never see the variety of products.  If you are in the same situation, never fear.  You can always order from their website, PrestigeCosmetics.com (free shipping on orders $50 and up).  And if you are in doubt of the quality, well let me put you at ease with some of their products.

Here is the Black Diamond Trio ($11.95) from the Skin Loving Minerals line.  The colors are a smoky set of shimmery black charcoal, shimmery grey, and shimmery silver.  All have small specks of glitter. 


Packaging alone makes this set worthy. There are individual caps on each color which make them ideal for traveling.  The texture itself is smooth and moisturizing.  I am not saying greasy moisture.  You know how some mineral eyeshadows can feel really dry and, yes, powdery.  This one feels soft and smooth like a cloud.  (Okay, I never touched a cloud but I imagine it to feel something like this.)  Maybe, it is the shea butter that makes the difference in this mineral eyeshadow formula.  Nothing gritty or scratchy, very smooth and wearable for skin of all types including MATURE skin.  This can be used wet or dry.  I do recommend an eyeshadow base for longer wear.

The mineral shadows are perfect for the upcoming holiday parties.  You don't have to burn a hole in your wallet for some shimmer and sparkle.



Before I show you the eye look I did, let me talk about the Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner in Trance ($5.25).  This is what I look to Prestige for, their eyelining pencils because I know they are reliable.  This is a retractable pencil in a navy blue.  The formula is a long-lasting one.  The texture is easy to work with; not too soft and not hard and stiff.  I paired this with the mineral eyeshadows.  Even though the shadows are in the grey family, they do have a slight blue undertone in them making them perfect with this pencil.


Next is the Classic Khol Eyeliner in Sage ($3.95).  You can use this as an eyeliner and a waterliner.  This one is a creamier texture than the waterproof.  The color is a slightly shimmery khaki green.  If you are bored of the usual brown eye pencil, I suggest getting this one because I consider this a great neutral especially for brown and hazel eyes.



I accented my neutral eye with the lightest color in the Black Diamond trio. The look is more neutral and daytime.  Waterlining with this color also is less harsh than the usual black.


Last but not least is the Mineral Lipgloss in Delicate Mauve ($7.25).  This is a sheer gloss in mauve with delicate sprinkles of gold.  I have to admit this is one nice gloss because of its texture.  It stays where it is suppose to stay yet it isn't the sticky type.  The finish is smooth and gleamy like a layer of vinyl.  The color is a Your-Lips-But-Better (YLBB) tone.  This one is already in my purse!

The picture below shows the gloss on my bare lips.  



There you have it, a variety of products from a brand that has been around for the modern generation of makeup aficionados--Prestige Cosmetics.  If you had doubts about this brand, don't because the line knows what they are doing.  They know makeup doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg to make you look good and feel good.  They also know their cosmetics will suit anyone of any age.  So if you are a teen or even a young 90 year old; you are bound to find a color in the line to suit your needs!

Disclosure:  PR sample.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact