Beauty Blog Advent Calendar Day 25 - Santa Sweets


First of all, Merry Christmas for those who celebrate and for those who just love the spirit of it!

I have been baking cookies like a mad woman this holiday season because I want Santa to leave with a happy and full stomach.  Trying this recipe and that recipe, tweaking this and that.  Having human guinea pigs taste my (what I thought were) disasters.  Finally, this holiday season, this is the cookie recipe that seems to be a favorite and hopefully Santa will like them too!

Cream Cheese Chocolate Chipotle Chip Cookies.  YUMMMY!!!


This isn't my own recipe and I have to give credit to this wonderful blog with great pictures to boot: Bake or Break - Adventures of an Amateur Baker.

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 48 cookies

Ingredients

    •    2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    •    1 teaspoon baking powder
    •    1/2 teaspoon salt
    •    1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
    •    8 ounces cream cheese, softened
    •    1 cup granulated sugar
    •    1 cup packed light brown sugar
    •    2 large eggs
    •    1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •    1 & 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Baking Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease or line baking pans.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Beat butter, cream cheese, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.

Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until almost combined. Add chocolate chips, stirring until dough is thoroughly mixed.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared pans. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. (These cookies will not brown like classic chocolate chip cookies.)

Cool cookies completely on pan on wire racks.

That is the basic recipe and I added a bit of my own tweaking.  Not much though.  I also added about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and instead of using just regular chocolate chips.  I used this:


I remember reading somewhere to use chocolate that could be good enough to be eaten alone.  I know you are thinking chipotle?  Let me just say this, the dark chocolate with the chipotle perfectly balances the sweetness of the cookie.  (This one is the Cost Plus brand.)  Right when you think you are getting a lingering mouthful of sweetness, the bitterness of the dark chocolate nullifies it which in turn makes the tongue ready for that pinch (and I mean just a pinch) of heat which doesn't linger.  As for the cinnamon, that gives some aroma to the dark chocolate and cookie.  Pure YUM!

Here are other variations I have made.  Regular version which if rolled in cinnamon sugar is pretty much a cream cheese Snickerdoodle.


And a peppermint chip version.


I still have to say the Chocolate Chipotle Chip has won the taste test hands down!

Not a Christmas recipe but certainly one that people will love all year round including Santa! ;-)

Have a safe and Happy New Year!!! See you all in 2013!!



Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs

Who Am I?

I am Olivia, writer of two beauty blogs with a cult following The Unknown Beauty Blog and Into the Palette. I am a B-List Beauty Blogger with a strong addiction to television!

View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs