Beauty Blog Advent Calendar Day 15 - Thinking Outside the Loop


I wish I had the actual picture of me and this product.  I don't and my excuse is simple, I was born before digital photography and picture taking meant waiting for pictures to develop which could have taken up to a week or more.  (Yes, I was born before the 1-hour photo machines. Fotomat stands were the place to go to get film developed back then!)  So, I regret not having my own photos of this product nor having the actual product anymore.

Spending my childhood visiting my grammy in Japan made me ogle at the electronic stuff they had.  One particular product that I never got during my visit but did get as a Christmas present was a wrist radio by National (aka Panasonic).  The radio hung around your wrist like a wristbag but in actuality it was nicknamed Toot-a-Loop radio.

This radio appeared in the early 70's during "groovy" periods of life and not to mention untweezed eyebrows.  But who could pay attention to eyebrows when the Japanese created a radio that looked cool man!

Pix courtesy of Powerhouse Museum

This was one cool looking AM Radio.  This radio not only was an awesome gift in concrete electronic gadgetry, it was also a great gift in expanding my mind; a radio didn't  have to look like a box.  This meant I was allowed to think outside of the box!  Sure people laughed or insulted my ideas but in the end, I remained true to me and happy (which is what blogging is about).  Pretty much how I am today.  I hope your holiday gifts not only bring you pleasure.   I hope they also can expand your mind to become who you are no matter what people say because expanding the heart is the greatest gift of all!


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blog

Give This Blog a Shout Out

Support this 5 year old independent blog, The Unknown Beauty Blog by giving it proper credit and a link back! Not only will it make me happy, it will make for better blogging/vlogging etiquette. Remember, there are search engines and other people on the internet besides you!

Subscribe by Email


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs