Bronzing into a Beauty with Manna Kadar Bronze Beauty


I am not one to self tan.  In fact, I stay with my moontan all year round making people squint during the summer due to the glare from the paleness of my legs!  However, with a sample of Manna Kadar Bronze Beauty Self Tanning Lotion (full 4oz. size retails for $24USD), I decided to color my pasty looking legs.


The self tanner contains ingredients such as Aloe and Vitamins A & E to moisturize and protect.  The color is a brownish green; don't worry about the green tone because it results in a very realistic brown gravy or actual tan color and not some orange pumpkin brown.  Did you know in World War 2 women actually colored their legs with gravy to look like they were wearing pantyhose?  Nylons were rationed during the war and the thought of naked legs were not an option, a paste of gravy and water was brushed onto the legs to give the look of hosiery.  Also, women drew a black line down the center of the back of the leg to mimic the look of the seam.  I actually think many G.I.'s dating these women often became homesick for their mother's cooking due to the smell of gravy!


Getting back onto the subject, Manna Kadar Bronze Beauty does not smell like gravy but it does smell like marzipan -- pure bliss.  The directions are simple, just apply evenly anywhere onto the body and/or face or anywhere skin is apparent.  The color makes it easy to see the application and the tan will intensify in about 3 hours.  To maintain the look of this luscious tropical tone, it is recommended to reapply the lotion 1 to 3 times a week.

In the first picture you see my leg after the lotion has been applied.  The result is a stained tan leg which hasn't fully developed in color.


Here it is after about 4 hours, nice and deeply stained (compared to my other leg).


I was very pleased with the results.  I had a nice realistic looking tan with no streaks and the smell turned into a sort of soft vanilla caramel.  My leg looked good and it did look like I wore a nice tan nylon.  I figured why stop there, I might as well go for a more fun and fashionable look. 


What do you think?  You think leg tan art will catch on like nail art?

Anyway, if you are into self tanners, Manna Kadar has a very good one with a texture that will apply smoothly and easily as a moisturizing lotion and smells heavenly; certainly better than coloring the legs with gravy!


Disclosure:  PR sample.


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs