Adorned with Cake - Mia Bellezza Cake Eyeliner

*PR Sample and referral link.


One of the products included in my Wantable.com box  was a cake eyeliner by Mia Bellezza (pronounced MEE-ah Behl-LETS-sah) or My Beauty.  This makeup line prides itself to be dye free, wax free, oil free, fragrance free, and paraben free.  But how is the performance of a simple cake eyeliner?


Cake eyeliner is one of the simplest eyeliners to work with because they are forgiving when it comes to application compared to the liquid and gel versions.  However, the hassle of wetting the cake with water or some other liquid can turn out to be just irritating.  Hassle or not cake eyeliner is the easiest way to learn eyeliner techniques and once that is mastered then advancing to other formulas is easy.


This cake eyeliner by Mia Bellezza is called Adorn ($24.50) which is a navy blue eyeliner housing two types of formulas-matte and sparkle.


Many cake eyeliners claim they can double as eyeshadow which they can but in actuality they are hard pressed causing them to apply less smoothly than regular eyeshadows.  I found this to be true for this one.  I only used this as an eyeliner.

Cake eyeliner can be used with just water because the formula allows it to be mixed easily into a paste-like liquid.  This one will mix easily and has that slight creamy texture which allows for easy application on the eyes.  The only part I hate about using water, it will at many times cause the eyeliner to flake.  This occurred with this one and I instead used this method here.  Or you can use an eyeliner sealant.

The result of the matte and the sparkle.


I had hoped for more sparkle so I could kick my heels up and pretend to be a showgirl.  No luck! But still a wearable and stellar cake eyeliner product. 


Disclosure: PR Sample and referral link. For every new person who signs up, I earn $1. When they place their first order, I earn an additional $9, for a total of $10 per person! This allows me to use my credits towards future purchases!



Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs