Top Ten Picks of 2012


Everyone is doing their best picks of the year and I thought I would do mine.  Before I start I have to thank Birkinbagbeauty for tagging me for my Top 12 items.  At that time I had my draft of my top ten for 2012 list and I just couldn't do the tag because it would have revealed my picks.  I apologize for not doing the tag then but now here are my picks for 2012.


What was the criteria for my picks?

  • I reviewed the product in 2012
  • The product worked
  • The product impressed me
 
Here are my TOP TEN PICKS of 2012 in no particular order.


1.  Anastasia Hypercolor Hair Powders* - I had and still do have major fun with these hair powders.  Not only are they bright and vibrant even on the darkest hair, they are great makeup colors.  I just wished I had these back in the 1980's, I would have been the envy of my New Romantic cult!  Check out my review of them here.


2. Defend Argan Moisturizer Oil by Purelementnaturals* - Good enough for the three wise men, therefore great for the beauty addict.  This argan oil with its aroma therapeutic scent of frankincense and myrrh ( I can smell this all day and just feel myself drifting away into pure bliss) with the addition of several essential oils including lavender creates the perfect natural moisturizer for the skin, hair, and nails.  Check out my original review here.


3. Nanoblur* - I mentioned this product as an impressive product during my Beauty Blog Advent Calendar posts.  I wasn't kidding either.   It does work and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  As my mum puts it, "If I feel good, then the product did what it is suppose to do!"  Check out my review of it here.


4.  Illamasqua Heroine - Yes, I am picking the ubiquitous color of taupe.  This looks like the average taupe and maybe it is but I see it as one of the best in texture and color for that natural contour.  (If only I bought Hollow to go with it!)  Check out my review here.


5. Addixt'n Ravishing Gel Liners - A new cosmetic line that has gorgeous colors and not to mention a great variety of smooth gel eyeliners.  Vibrant and long-lasting, these gel liners surpass some high end brands in quality.  Definitely, a line you should check out.  Check out my review of the liners here.


6.  Pop Beauty Nail Glam - I know this isn't new but I just tried the nail polish this year.  Definitely underrated in the nail world, I have to say that this nail polish was one of the easiest to apply and not to mention a great alien neon green color.  See my review of it here.


7. Kat Von D Autograph Pencils - At first glance, I didn't think these pencils looked that great.  After all, I had other high end brands of long lasting and smudge proof pencils.  But these turned out to be the smoothest and easiest ones to handle.  I go back to these all the time because they are a great texture and not to mention great colors too.  Check out my review of them here.


8. Anastasia Lash Genius Raincoat* - A waterproofing topcoat for your lashes just like a raincoat, this formula will leave your lashes soft and supple without any hint of the magical topcoat protecting them.  I sometimes use this as a lash primer also because it keeps the curl on my stick straight lashes and also allows for better and smoother application of mascara. ;-)  Check out my review here.


9. False Eyelash Applicator - I have no name for this tool because I bought a generic brand off of Ebay here.  I know Sephora sells a similar one at twice the price.  Wherever you choose to buy yours, this is the best false lash applicator I have used!  See my review here.


10.  Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist N41 - No, I didn't pick the red lipstick because I found this one to be better!  I like its soft peach color which isn't bland enough to say it is a nude peach yet it is perfect for that modern Mod lip.  Never looks washed out yet never looks too loud, just the new Mod lip color.  My original review of it is here.

There you have it, my best 10 of 2012.  I can tell you it wasn't easy making the list because there were so many great products but these are the ones that really stood out for me.  Who knows what it will be next year.  Hope you enjoyed my picks!

*PR Samples


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs