Monday, January 14, 2013

, , , , ,   |  

Can You Say Gobsmacked Again? Another Dependable Drugstore Concealer


I don't consider myself a makeup snob but I do have my doubts about drugstore makeup due to many disappointments.  However, concealers have been impressing me lately and here is another one that I like, L'OrĂ©al True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer ($9usd).


The concealer comes in 6 color choices from fair to deep in warm and neutral tones.  I bought the Fair/Light in warm which is basically a yellow based concealer.  What I like about this concealer is the formula and the packaging.  The formula is what it says, super blendable and long lasting.  Not drying at all but not greasy where it will crease if used under the eyes.  Packaged in a retractable chubby pencil form which means no need for a sharpener, this one is a great travel item or one to just drop in the cosmetic bag for emergency fixes.  The cap actually clicks tightly, keeping the concealer from drying out. 


Here I use it as an under eye concealer.  I also have to mention it makes a great eyeshadow base.


In the top picture I have no concealer or foundation on, just eyeshadow.  Second picture applied and third blended.

The coverage is anywhere from medium to full.  However, if you have really dark circles and need major coverage, go for the pro brands like Kryolan Dermacolor.  If you don't need that major help, then this is another great drugstore concealer.  Great price wise especially with coupons and sales.  Great texture, great portability, and great staying power. I am happy with this drugstore concealer.


Ingredients:  C11-12 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Behenate, Ceresin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnubawax / Cire Dabeille, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ehtylene/VA Copolymer, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire Dabeille, Phenyl Methicone, C30-45 Olefin, Silica, Retinyl, Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides.