[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Benefit Erase Paste and Hard Candy Glamoflauge

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
Opened my own wallet to pay for these products.


I really am not comparing these two products.  Okay, maybe putting them in one post is comparing but the only reason why I put them in one post is because one reminds me of the other.  I bought Benefit Erase Paste ($26) way back when and never got around to reviewing it.  Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer ($6) I bought recently thanks to a restocked display at Wally World.
Fair on the left, Medium on the right



I put these two in one post because the textures are similar.  They are "heavy duty" types of concealers or in the case of Benefit, a neutralizer.  Now, you might be saying what is the difference.  Neutralizers are used to counteract the discoloration allowing what is applied on top of it to be covered easily by a concealer.  The concealer conceals the slight discoloration; if it covers well then it has done its job without a neutralizer.  For more about concealers and neutralizers, check out this post here.

mixed together

Benefit Erase Paste is to be used as a neutralizer that neutralizes purple/blue under eye discoloration.  I bought two of these (fair and medium) to mix because I knew i would be more on the lighter side than the medium.  This isn't an oil-free type of product.  In fact it is the petrolatum and lanolin which allows this product to spread easily and stay.  Yes, it needs powder to set.  It is what I call the old formula of cosmetics, only difference today is that the ingredients are more refined and do not separate.  (Anyone remember those days when foundation had that layer of oil that seeped to the top?)


Do I like this neutralizer?  For the texture I find it very nice for my normal to dry skin.  Color-wise I don't have purple/blue discoloration, I have red and this makes them more apparent with my sallow skin tone.  Yes, wrong color and I wish that Benefit would come out with other colors like green to counteract redness and lavender to counteract sallowness because I do like the formula.  The texture stretches and moves with the skin.  Do I recommend this for oily skin? No, nor to people who are sensitive to lanolin.

The Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer has been raved by bloggers and consumers of any age.  No wonder it is always sold out!  Finally, I got my hands on this product and for the price of $6 it is a bargain.  The concealer comes in various colors to match the skin tone but I bought the ultra light to use as a highlighter.  It also comes with a pencil for spot coverage.


The formula does contain petrolatum and lanolin which makes this one easy to spread.  Like Benefit, a little bit goes a long way.  This claims to cover tattoos, I don't have any but for massive and waterproof coverage I recommend an alcohol-activated concealer/neutralizing product from a pro line.  However, in a pinch this will work and since it is oil based, it has to be set with powder.

The pencil is somewhat okay.  I found it soft, and more on the olive-toned side.  Possibly, the reasoning for this would be to cover red spots.  I don't find the pencil reliable though because with body heat, the color will migrate or disappear.


As for the concealer, this is a great buy if your skin is not sensitive to petrolatum and/or lanolin.  It does what it does and like Benefit it moves with the skin.  There is no dryness or tightness. 
So there you have it, a neutralizer and concealer.  Yes, one is a bargain and one may be worth the splurge.  For me, I like one more than the other due to the color.

Benefit Erase Paste Ingredients: Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Paraffin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate. [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499)]. N° 52n2335-2.

Hard Candy Glamoflage Ingredients


I paid for these cosmetics due to pure want.


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact