[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

A Review of Apivita Skin Care Products - Part One

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*PR Samples provided by the brand.*


Sadly, I have never been to Greece but I know it is a beautiful country with lots of good food.  I really believe my stomach is part Greek because it will choose it over Asian any day!  Food aside, Greece is also a country with beautiful terroir which allows organic herbs to grow and bees to roam freely, resulting in great skin care called Apivita.

I gave you a sneak peek of the products I have been testing out here.  I decided to review the Express Beauty products,  Lip Care lip balm, and Gentle Cleansing Gel for the Intimate Area.  Summer travel season is coming up and these are nifty travel products to have whether you are just taking a trip out of the city or out of the country.  A change of venue can cause an imbalance to the skin and that is the last thing you want when you are away from home. 

First off, I have normal to dry skin but lately with the driest winter, my skin has had trouble with dryness more than the norm, these products have brought my skin close to normal. 

The Express Masks are individual packets of facial masks in formulas for various skin types and their needs from cleansing to eye moisturizing.  What makes these great is they come in a two pack, giving you a fresh product for use.  I have opened one pack and find it has way more than one application in it so you are getting your money's worth.

Express Gold with Royal Jelly ($7) is a firming and regenerating mask with royal jelly, the secretion used to feed larvae to turn into a queen.  (I find this amazing that this actually triggers the DNA of larvae to morph into the majesty of the hive!)  It also contains honey, wheat proteins, and neroli essential oils.  Apivita Express Gold products replace the water content with green tea infusion for antioxidant enhancement.  With all this packed into two individual packets, no wonder my skin feels soft, moisturized, and smooth after use. 


I use this one all over my face and down the neck area and even the décolletage.

Express Beauty Anti-Wrinkle and Eye Mask with grape ($5)- I know you may think an eye mask is just a bit particular but I am continuously searching for products for my eye area more than the face.  I welcome an eye mask because that is the area that works hard all day with the blinking, watching, and staring.  No wonder the eyes are the first areas to show age!  This mask is thicker than the regular face mask as you will see.  It contains grape seed oil and wild oat to diminish the lines.  It also contains rice, olive oil, shea butter and beeswax to moisturize and to improve the elasticity of that sensitive area.


I apply these around the eyes and the laugh lines and even around the mouth.

Express Beauty Gentle Exfoliating Gel with apricot ($5).  I was hesitant to use this one because I had memories of another brand I used in my teen years, you know the one with the ground-up pits.  This one is nothing like it, in fact it is more of a dermabrasion type of exfoliation feel.  With a soft scent of apricot which really smells good enough to eat (don't do it though) the gel does contain finely ground up seeds to exfoliate while moisturizing with grape extracts and geranium essential oils.  Nothing tight or drying with this one and not soapy, just a scrub that is made for the face.  I wish Apivita would make something similar for the hands and feet because the scrub makes the skin feel divine after it is washed off.


I use this one twice a week on the face and sneak some on my hands.

Here are the pictures of me before, during and after use.  I see an improvement in skin texture and moisture. 


All the masks are free of parabens, silicones and propylene glycol.

After the facial masks, the thought of applying makeup feels like a sin, the skin is so moist and glowing that all I would want to do is finish it off with a lip balm for color.


Lip Care with Black Currant ($7) is a lip balm made out of moisturizing ingredients  of olive oil, beeswax, cocoa butter, sheer butter, avocado oil, castor oil, jojoba esters and blackcurrant oil.  Now, that is a one lip balm!  Not only does it moisturize and soothes dry lips, it also gives just that perfect subtle lip color.


I sometimes rub this on as a cheek color, and if you have a little one who likes to copy your makeup application, allow her to use one of these balms as a cheek and lip color.  Totally harmless and one that does good for her skin.



The last product for this post is the Intimate Daily wash gel ($19).  That area is one of the areas that is sensitive to many types of products.  Not only that but if that area is uncomfortable throughout the day, you know life isn't going to be pleasant.  And, I know there are people who have sensitivities to soap and detergents, so finding a product that will cleanse that area without irritation is really a difficult search.  If you are one of these people or just prefer something gentle in that area try this wash.  The product contains chamomile to soothe, propolis to prevent pathogenic microorganisms to grow, protects the area without messing with the pH.  Keeps the area feeling fresh without any dryness.  The wash excludes synthetic ingredients that may irritate or have harmful effects on your health and environment.  It is free from soap, parabens, silicone, propylene glycol and ethanolamine.



The wash is very gentle and the lather is minimal which makes it easier to wash with no lingering lather left behind.

These are some of the products by Apivita, a line that prides itself on organic ingredients and the work of the honey bees.  These products mentioned in this post are all great for travel especially if you are on an overseas plane ride, any one of the Express Beauty Masks would be great to apply on the plane.  The individual packets make them travel friendly.  And, if you are just one of those who want to treat themselves to a spa day without the spa price; just get the masks you like and make a day of it.  I did and my skin feels happy.

*PR Samples provided.  Opinions and the greatly hydrated skin are my own.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact