[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Apivita Skin Products Part Two - My Daily Regimen

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*PR samples provided.*


In part one on Apivita products, I introduced you to products that would be great additions to a regular skin care regimen.  In this post I will show you the products I use daily.  The products are for my normal to dry skin but Apivita does cater to various skin types which you can check out on their website here.

I have a certain criteria that has to be met when it comes to skin care.  One-make it simple.  I don't have time to think about what order a product is applied especially when my eyelids are about to close at night.  Two-I can apply it without the products pilling up on my skin.  Three-the products have to moisturize.  After using Apivita products, they do meet my criteria!

Here is my nightly routine:

3 in 1 Cleansing Milk for Face and Eyes ($23) - I am a double cleanser.  This means I use some form of cold cream to remove my makeup first then I cleanse.  I have always done this since as long as I can remember, even when I was a little girl just to get dirt and grime off my face.  You could say it is a habit.


The cleansing milk consists of 99% natural ingredients.  Olive and almond oils are used to remove makeup to prevent drying out the skin while honey moisturizes.  Chamomile and lavender soothe the skin while propolis acts as a mild antiseptic and antioxidant. 


This is a very gentle and I mean it doesn't strip the skin of moisture or sting the eyes when used to remove eye makeup.  It also doesn't leave that certain film of product which I have noticed with some other brands that claim to be a creamy cleanser.


In the pictures I show the cream applied to gel-based pencils and a long-wearing liquid liner.  Gently rub the product and wipe away.  You can see in the last picture just a slight trace is left which will easily be washed off with cleanser. 

If you have dry skin, this is a good one to try especially if you have been unhappy with various "waterproof" eye makeup removers.

After cleansing I apply the Queen Bee Anti-Wrinkle and Restoring Eye Cream ($65).  This eye cream contains royal jelly encapsulated in liposomes, allowing restoring action and firming to the deepest layers of the epidermis.  Honey, seaweed and myrrh essential oil reduce the appearance of fine lines and improves the eye skin's sensitive texture.


My criteria for eye cream may be a bit more stringent than the skin care one I mentioned.  For eye cream what is important is that it has to moisturize the area around my eyes.  It also can't dry up around my eyes and start feeling tight thus the "firming" action some claim it to be. I also can't stand the pilling up when I apply my facial moisturizer close to it.  And, my biggest concern--milia.  Often when an eye cream moisturizes my eyes, milia forms.  Apivita has all the goodness in moisture and leaves my skin happy because it does none of the bad.


Admittedly, I was a bit scared at first because I loved how it moisturized the eye area without any oiliness and reduced the fine lines without any tightness but a chance of milia could occur.  No milia! Just a happy eyes!


In the picture, the dot on the cuticle stick is all you need to do both eyes.  Just pat around the eye area and feel the moisture sink in.  Any leftover is great to apply onto the laugh lines.


Next, I apply the Queen Bee Firming and Restoring Rich Face Cream ($80).  This cream like the eye cream contains royal jelly encapsulated in liposomes while honey, beeswax, seaweed reduce the wrinkles by hydrating dry skin.


Again, the word "firming" always leaves doubt in my mind because I always think it is just a bunch of goop that will dry on my skin and pill up if I touch it.  THIS ONE ISN'T A PILLER!


I was quite surprised by this moisturizer because it is the type I like; scoop out enough to just rub lightly onto the face.  Simple, no patting no waiting for it to dry, just moisturize as I spread.  This is my type of facial moisturizer!  Another plus about this is the moisture lasts.  You know how some moisturizers claim their moisture lasting properties only to feel like they have evaporated off the skin.  Not this one, no evaporation, no dryness, no over moisturizing either; simple and supple facial skin with a natural healthy look.


Last but no least and I would say a very important cream which I missed posting in my Sneak Peek post is the Handcare Cream for Dry-Chapped Hands ($12).  This cream contains mastic and balsam oils which heal and restore dry and cracked skin.  The balsam, glycerin, sheer butter, panthenol and vitamin F all protect the hands from dryness giving them elasticity.


This is how I end the night.  I apply this cream to my hands and let the moisture sink in so I can wake up with soft and smooth hands.  I also want my hands to be well moisturized in my dreams!  Nothing oily, greasy, or drying or even evaporating tight; rich enough to keep the hands smooth, dry enough to allow touching objects without leaving greasy evidence.


There you have my daily and nightly skin care routine.  Very simple yet very satisfying because the products do nourish and moisturize my skin.  During the day, these products do not interfere with my makeup application; makeup applies easily on top without any cream residue (pilling up).  The products are free of fragrance, parabens, silicone, propylene glycol, mineral oil and ethanolamine. 

I have no disappointments with this line at all.  They have done what they are supposed to do with my skin by banishing the dryness caused by the winter weather.  For all these products a little goes a long way and reapplication is unnecessary because the moisture lasts.  Penny for penny Apivita is giving more of its money's worth than many skin care lines out there.  If you are tired of looking for a line that just makes claims without any benefits of making the skin look and feel good, then it is time to try this line.

*PR samples provided.  Opinions and the result of my happy skin are my own.* 



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact