[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Small Collection of Mineral Foundations

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*
*All products were bought by yours truly--MOI!*


My favorite form of makeup is really mineral makeup.  Although, when I grew up mineral makeup wasn't really popular except for Indian Earth which really didn't look good on me at all. 

My form of mineral makeup was my loose powder which was the only form of coverage I preferred in my teens and through my late 20's.  I just couldn't get used to the thought of wearing foundation and honestly to this day I prefer my skin and powder over any foundation.  However, if there is a special occasion where pictures will be taken, I do use foundation to allow people to see how even my skin tone can be!  Anyway, I thought since I was taking inventory of my stuff, you would like to see my small mineral foundation collection.  Do I use all of them?  Find out.


The four (yes, I only have four) work for light/medium skin tones.  They are all in loose form and have varying finishes.



Julie Hewett Ora Mineral Mix Intensity 1 ($36) - You would think a mineral foundation by Julie would be awesome, but I after trying other brands; this one doesn't do it for me.  I have had this one for a while but hardly ever use it because I really didn't like how it felt on my skin which is heavy.  I don't know what it is about this mineral foundation but I just couldn't get it to sit right on my skin.  It just sat in the pores and fine lines.  After the day wore on just made me look tired.  Maybe, it was the color of it which turns out to be more on the peach side compared to the others.  Or it could be the possibility of the bismuth oxychloride.  Whatever the culprit, this is my least favorite.



Classy Minerals Full Coverage "Liquid" Foundation in Olive Beige ($5.99-$13.99). I reviewed this here.



This is a "liquid" loose mineral foundation.  It still retains the qualities of the mineral powder form but contains ingredients to provide a slight liquid texture.  This, in turn, provides more coverage or adjustable coverage from sheer to full.  I do like this one for its less powdery finish and the olive base allowing it to match my skin tone better than most.  I use this one when I want more of a matte finish to my makeup.  I still find this one to be a wonderful mineral foundation at a great price.


Christopher Drummond Veludo Velvet Light ($50-$65) - This is an organic vegan mineral line which I first reviewed here.


I admit it is one of the pricey mineral lines I have tried.  I ended up tweaking my foundation  by mixing it with the Saude Pele Radiance Booster ($70-$85) powder for a soft glowy finish.  This powder is for those who like to swipe it on like a regular loose powder rather than buffing.  The finish is sheer to medium.  If you are looking for coverage, this will not provide it.  I like this one for its sheerness and comfort on the skin and the healthy glow I get.  This is one to consider if you are a minimal foundation person or one who just likes to blot on loose powder.


Skinn Cosmetics High Definition Cotton and Mineral Foundation with SPF 15 ($20) - I haven't reviewed this yet because I just bought it a couple of weeks ago.  I actually bought this in a set on Shopnbc.com since it was cheaper than buying it individually on the Skinn website.  I bought a medium (skin tone) set which included two colors, medium light and medium.  The medium light is a tad dark but nothing really to complain about.


This powder contains cotton.  I like wearing cotton clothing so why not wear it on my face!  The formula isn't drying at all and it provides smooth sheer to almost full coverage on the skin.  There is also a slight glow to it which you can see in the pictures.  It may look glittery but it isn't, just the way the flash catches the little bits of glowy glimmer.  This powder sits so nice and evenly on mature skin and without looking dry or powdery.  I either use this alone or on top of my Juice Beauty CC Cream.  They do go well together giving me the look of a healthy complexion without looking like I have makeup on.

How they look on my cheeks (I have freckles).  Top picture is my no-makeup cheek.


I hope you enjoyed my small inventory of mineral foundations.  With the exception of Julie Hewett's Ora Mineral Mix, I do use them in rotation depending on my mood for coverage and finish.  Classy Minerals gives a nice matte finish without any bismuth oxychloride; Christopher Drummond gives a nice healthy glow and is great to use in conjunction with a BB or CC cream; Skinn Cosmetics is also great to use as a finishing powder for foundations, BB or CC creams or great on its own and on mature skin as well.  If you haven't tried any of these, I suggest you take a look.  Skinn Cosmetics can also be found on Ebay.

*Spent my own $$$.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact