[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

KAPOW! I've Hit Pan! - Eyeshadows Have Hit Bottom

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*All bought with my own $$$.*


After swatching my lipsticks, I realized that I really have to check out the rest of my makeup inventory.  In my recent excursion into the deep depths of my traincases, I found a four shadows I had hit pan on.  For some of you, hitting pan may be a regular exercise but for me it has become a rare event.

The eyeshadows I hit pan on are all neutrals.  The colors are very similar yet different.  As you will see, on paper and on skin, these colors being a taupe or almost taupe-like color will react to the undertones of the skin making them visible or invisible in photos.

In the following photos, the center pictures show the colors in indoor lighting while the bottom shows them in outdoor lighting.


Smashbox Contour Palette which I reviewed here is a taupe that shows up as a contour in pictures.  It has a bit of warmth to it and is not as ashy as some contour colors tend to be.


Smashbox Sable from Photo Op Eyeshadow Trio in Filter.  Did I review this?  I might not have.  Well, anyway it is a set of neutrals with the basic ivory, medium to dark browns:  Vanilla, Sable, Sumatra.  I hit pan on Sable which has a slight yellow undertone to it, making it warm on for my skin tone at times. I use this with cool toned shadows.


NARS Portobello is a duo of beiges, one is more yellow and the other slightly ash and cooler in tone.  The one I used is the warmer side.  Again very warm and I used it to blend and counteract some dark cool toned shadow colors.


Illamasqua Heroine which I reviewed here has been the taupe I use for my everyday eyelooks in real life.  In photos this shadow does not show up but in real life it gives just enough depth without darkening my orbital ridge and making it look heavy.  I bought this back in December and the pan is showing!

Now, here are the comparison of all the swatches.  The top row is on white paper which deepens the colors a bit.  The bottom row is on my NC20-25 skin tone.  Both are taken outdoors in the sunlight.  You can see on the skin, the undertones will render the colors like skin tones, thus making taupes and beiges a natural or no-makeup eyeshadow colors.  The color that shows up a bit on the cool side is the Illamasqua Heroine.


There you have it, the unexciting neutrals or shadows that show the pan!

*All bought with my own money.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact