[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

NYX Cosmetics - Lavender Concealers

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Bought with my own money.*


With the weather becoming warmer, I find my skin tone will inevitably change and become warmer in tone due to the melanin activity of my skin.  What does this mean?  It means that browns or neutrals will just look faded or oxidized.  How do I counteract this? I need a a lavender colored neutralizer for my sallow skin.  And, what did I find?  An affordable brand with very good texture.


Thanks to @ahhhdri on Twitter (follow her blog Beauty with a Twist), she mentioned NYX cosmetics to have a lavender concealer.  Perfect! Affordable and readily available at my ULTA and not to mention BOGO 50%off.  I decided to buy two different formulas:  NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand ($5) and NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer ($5).

I can tell you I was quite surprised by the quality and the pigmentation of these two products.  First off the HD version.

The NYX HD Photogenic Concealer Wand is the usual wand type of concealer and since this is HD, I am assuming the formula is more silicone based.  As an HD type and as a drugstore brand, this one is pigmented and the formula is smooth.  I was quite surprised by this because I expected a slippery and somewhat thick silicone feel but no.  This one allows a thin application that easily spreads to neutralize the color while allowing layering on top without any cakiness.


The NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage Concealer is more of a creamy base and is good for dry or mature skin types.  Again, the color is pigmented; you do see lavender and not some white color upon application. 


For both versions, a little bit goes a long way.  In the pictures, I applied the lavender on the left side and just a concealer on the right side.  Like I said, as the weather becomes warmer, browns and neutrals begin to fade or just run together with my skin tone if I don't neutralize it.  For picture purposes I applied more than needed to show how the color appears.  Usually, if you see the color then you have applied too much.  You should apply just enough to neutralize the discoloration which may look gray.  That is okay because concealer needs to be applied on top to bring it to a skin tone color.  In the second picture I applied the concealer on top and you can see it looks just like the right side.  And, in the third picture the eyeshadows. 


Now, you may not see the difference clearly but if you look closely, the left side shows the brown and neutrals of the shadows more clearly than on the right which will fade eventually.  If the shadows were on for 8 hours or more, I might as well forget about them because the ones on the right will either oxidize or just fade into my skin giving me less definition.

This is why I use a neutralizer, to keep the colors true.  I like the HD formula on my eyes since it makes a nice smooth base and I like the Full Coverage cream version on my cheeks to keep my blush colors true. 

If you found some colors not right due to pulling too much warmth, you might want to try a good neutralizer.  I can say that for an affordable and great quality ones, NYX will definitely have your color.  Cannot go wrong with this line!

*Spent my own money with no regrets.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact