[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

An Honestly Blunt Review of Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*I bought this. No affiliated links.*



I had this liquid foundation for quite sometime.  I did post a picture of it here back in 2011!  How time flies!  I can tell you I didn't post a review right away because I honestly couldn't think of anything to say about it except it didn't WOW me.

Check out the best damn foundations in this universe here.

Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation ($42) gets its fair share of raves from makeup artists which eventually trickles down to the consumer realm.  I do respect makeup artists especially the ones who work with an age-varying clientele.  When one of those "artists" says a product is great, you tend to believe that "artist". 

Then, there is me who begins to analyze why an artist would rave about the product.  First, they have received it gratis.  Fair enough, if I get a car for gratis, I will rave about it because it is ADVERTISING.  Think Morgan Spurlock The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.  Second, the artist applies the product onto the client which allows a better application; easier to apply onto a person than applying onto oneself.  Third, the artist applies it onto a skin of a 17 year old skin first than on a woman of a wise and mature stature.  With these three factors always lingering in my mind, I tend to jump onto the bandwagon a bit late.

I paid for this with my own money.  I paid full price at Sephora.  I bought two of them--one in 120 and 125; one for winter and one for summer.  I paid and began to think I have been played.


First, see the difference between 120 and 125?  120 is a warm yellow based and is lighter than 125.  125 is more of a peach base or beige base.  I can't wear the 125 in the cool months of the year because it is dark and my skin tone doesn't match it well.  120 works for its tone warms up my skin in the winter.


For all the raves this product received, I didn't see them.  I hated this product because it just didn't sit right on my skin.  Yes, it is pigmented.  Yes, it is smooth.  Yes, it looks great in film and photography.  No, it didn't get my love at that moment. 

This is a silicone based foundation which in some cases can make dry skin or for that matter any type of skin with a peek of flakiness look worse.  Yes, I used a primer (a silicone based one because as the rule goes, silicone and silicone to avoid pilling up of the product).  Still I didn't feel its magic. In fact, my skin looked better without it.

Until I applied it with this….


Yes, I used my Touch Face vibrating sponge which I reviewed here, here, and here. Sure, I could use a brush or an egg shaped sponge but honestly I HATE MANUAL STIPPLING!!


Check out the comparisons.  Finger application will just leave a thick film.  Sponge stippling (manual stippling) is good and looks smooth, but go on to the vibrating sponge and MUFE HD foundation looks like skin. 

What conclusion do I have?  If you aren't a makeup artist, I suggest you will have to play with this foundation a bit to get the application right.  If you have dry skin, I suggest skipping this foundation completely and go for a water-based MUFE Face & Body ($40) version.  If you have a vibrating sponge or something similar to the Touch Face, then you will do fine with this.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact