[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Smokey Eye Pencils: Maybelline Master Smoky Longwearing Shadow Pencil

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Bought with my own money.*


You would think after my eyeliner posts of all my eyeliners and swatches, I would have enough.  But noooooo!  I had to go right out and buy these Maybelline Master Smoky ($8) eye pencils.


I bought two colors: Blue Blaze-shimmer navy blue and Emerald Fury-deep shimmer green. These are touted as easy smoky eye pencils, making smoky eyes effortless.  Yeah, how many times have I seen the photoshopped eyes of these types of products.  Anyway, I did not buy them because of the exaggerated adverts.  I bought them because they were newly displayed at my local drugstore and would be a nice addition to my eyeliner collection, or maybe not.



These chubbier than average pencils are retractable and house a sponge tip applicator at the opposite end.  However, there is no pencil sharpener, so I guess the dull and rounded tip would be the inevitable result.  The formula is slightly waxy with a slight mix of the long-lasting gel type pencil mixed in.  The application smudges easily before it sets. 

Now, with these types of pencils, I always find a sponge tip smudger useless because it mostly ends up removing the color rather than spreading.  I always end up using a brush or my fingers to spread. 




I find these pencils okay, nothing fantastic.  After swatching all my eyeliners and eyeshadow pencils I have pretty much felt which pencils have an excellent texture and great pigment.  I think what disappointed me the most were the lack of pigment.  Smudging it will thin out the saturation and, therefore, more has to be layered making this one thick layer on the eyes.  This may not bother some people or it may look good and normal but if you are a mature woman, a thick and unnatural layer of color on a lids full of wisdom is really not appealing, at least to me.  And, the color is somewhat choppy.  In the pictures I layered eyeshadow on top but on the swatches show the choppiness of them 

Obviously, I am not a fan of these and therefore find them unnecessary to add to my stash.  There are better pencils out there and this time I have to say, splurge.  Yes, the high end ones will give a better result. 

*Bought with my own money.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact