[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Viewmaster - What I Grew Up With

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Nothing to disclose, not even my age. Links provided for your convenience.*


Did you know I am getting old? I bet you are asking, how old am I getting?  I am getting so old that cobwebs are hanging from my lashes.  I am getting so old that my eggs can be appraised on the Antiques Roadshow.  I am getting so old that instead of my life passing before my eyes, I see a box of Geritol.  Want me to go on?  Okay, I won't but you get the gist of it.

Anyway, ever since I have been on Pinterest, by the way you can follow me here or click the icon to your right, I have been running into memorable pins of my youth.  Since my weekend posts are nil on this blog.  I will (try) to post these memories and what they conjure up for me.  Who knows, this may be some awakening moment for me as I digress into the little cave of my wonders or the scary cave of the unknown.  Either one, if you have these same memories, I won't tell how old you are! :-)

First up is the View Master.  I had many incarnations of this toy.  The first one I owned was this one; ugly in color but what was important were the reels.  I had many from Mother Goose rhymes to Flinstones.


The name of this beige colored toy wonder is called Sawyer.  Why in the world would it be called Sawyer? 

No, I don't think of the book The Adventures of Tom Sawyer nor do I think of Rush "Tom Sawyer".  I think of this Sawyer.  (Maybe because of the beige tone and his haircolor.) 


Who also played this character.



Josh Holloway will be playing the main character in Intelligence a.k.a. The Six Billion Dollar Man.  He will have a smart chip implanted into his brained which can also be hacked.  Obviously, with the ease of hacking, he runs on a Windows OS and not a Linux based system.  Yes, another example of billions of dollars wasted!  Check more on this show here.



Okay, getting back to my memories (you can see how they wander), I also had The Talking View Master which was great except the reels cost too much for me to have an ample variety.  It also weighed too much thanks to the amount of batteries needed to work that thing.  I think it ran on 4 D batteries or C batteries and my lanky arms got tired carrying it, and the batteries didn't last long anyway.  Not really economical for a kid.

Here is a regular View Master I recently found in one of my boxes as I was cleaning out my closet!




It is from the mid 70's with the Batman reel.  I loved that show even though the tights on these men looked saggy!

Aw, what memories!  What memories do you have in the Pop Culture world?

(Edited to add) If you still love your ViewMaster and want customized reels, go to Image 3D.  Thanks for the info Francesca!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact