[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

What is Inside My Wantable August Box?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Bought with my own money.*


I decided to subscribe to Wantable  this month because so far, it is my only monthly beauty subscription box.  Yeah, you could say I am pretty particular about my subscriptions.  If you are wondering what I got in my August Wantable box and what I thought, well then, carry on.

I have always thought of Wantable to be one of the best makeup beauty subscription boxes offered because the company offers full size products from great brands. This month makeup artist Matthew Ambrosio makes his picks for the August box.


For an August box, I really didn't expect it to be a major makeup box because after all, it is still the summer.  And, I have to say this start didn't really wow.


The value of my box turned out to be $81.50 which is a bargain for my $36 monthly subscription.  Yes, this makeup subscription box is a bit higher than other monthly boxes, but remember you get full size products suited to your personality somewhat.  I say somewhat and will explain later.



Japonesque Angled Foundation Brush ($25) - If you have been to ULTA, you know these brushes are well made and worth their price at retail.  This one is a travel sized brush which is just right for me.  The synthetic angle tip not only makes it great for foundation, it is actually great for any cream or liquid product.



Mia BelleZZa Longlast Eyeliner in Black Jade ($16.50) - A long-lasting retractable pencil in a darkened green color.  You know me, I love eyeliner and a good one is always a nice addition to my collection.


Besame 1930's Mascara ($18) - I tried this mascara long ago.  I am pretty sure this one is the reformulated version.

Now, here are my disappointments.


Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Supreme SAMPLE ($0) - For someone who is an eyeshadow nut like me, just to get a sample is like tickling an Elmo doll until it coughs up blood--pure torture.

Did you also notice there was not one single powder product in my box?  I think the Makeup Gods are just watching over my traincases a bit too much!  Come on, I don't have that much makeup compared to others.

The other disappointment or in this case a mistake is the lipliner.



Michael Marcus Red Velvet Lipliner ($19) - I have tried Michael Marcus products before and have to say I am shocked that the line isn't as well known as it should be.  The products are stellar products with a pro quality to them.  As for this lipliner, this is the mistake.  If you see my receipt, I should have received the Besame Red Velvet Lipstick ($22).



Remember, you fill out a questionnaire before you even subscribe to your box.  This will allow you to get what you "love" or "like" more and weed out your dislikes.  You can see from mine I said I disliked highlighter and nail polish because I already have too much of them.  My like product is a lash product, thus my mascara.  However, recently I updated and changed it to a "dislike" because I have an overload stash of mascara.  Now, for the likes you can see I do like Lip Color.  But, within that lip color I did get to choose my likes and dislikes again to narrow down the products and this is what they are:


I dislike lip liner and lip stain.  Yes, no lip liner for me please!  The reason is I have enough.

Now, I can see where the mistake can be made because on the receipt it only shows the broad category of what I like and not the subcategory of those of what I like and dislike.  I don't know if the mistake was made there or if it was due to the same name of "Red Velvet".  Whichever it was, I did contact customer service to rectify this.  I am not sure if I have to return the entire box or just that product. Anyway, I just posted what I have received but have not used any of the products just in case it all has to be returned.  I will update you on what happens in a future posting.

If you are wondering if I am going to stick with this one after my initial disappointment, yes I am.  Even with this mistake and my disappointment in some of the products like no Lise Watier eyeshadow and the lip pencil, I find the *Wantable Monthly Makeup Box to be one of the best when it comes to quality


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact