[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Plush Red Lips with Bésame Red Velvet Classic Color Lipstick

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*I bought this.


Bésame Cosmetics has changed for the better.  The last time I tried their products, the line was having a big clearance sale; clearing out the old formula and slowly bringing in the new.  I bought some of the products then and have to honestly say the lipsticks didn't impress me.



I loved the vintage packaging of the products from their cute little blush compacts (which are now discontinued) and I did have the loose powder.  I did have a bunch of lipsticks which were tiny compared to other brands.  I do remember the texture of them, they were pigmented but not as deeply formulated as the Julie Hewett lipsticksJulie Hewett covered the lips like a warm winter coat while Bésame felt like soft spring coat, just a bit light on the lips.


Well, that was then and this is now.  Reformulated and repackaged, the lipsticks are full size but still encased in the vintage gold design.  To avoid any scratches on the case, it comes in a soft velvet case to house it in, such a feminine extra touch!  The formula--WOW!  I was actually shocked at how much the formula had changed and it was for the better.  Bésame may have kept the vintage colors and the philosophy a vintage formulation but it has brought the texture up to the 21st century!  The texture is so refined and smooth.  It has the pigment of a heavy winter coat, full and luscious but without the weight.  Unbelievably chic and feminine!

The color you see is Bésame Red Velvet ($22) which I received in my August Wantable.  If you don't know the story, Wantable (referral link) sent me the wrong item and promptly sent me the ONE right item at no cost.  If you are unsure of Wantable, I say be sure because they have one of the best customer service people for a monthly beauty box subscription.


The color is a red red without leaning towards orange or cherry/wine.  It also isn't the usual shout-out-loud red but more of a plush red with depth, femininity, and mystery without going dark.  Beautiful color!

I am so glad I got this in my Wantable box  because this will be my red lipstick for the upcoming fall and winter months and possibly longer!





*I bought this.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact