[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

What I Sacrificed for Heisenberg

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Disclosing my spending habits. Links provided for your convenience.*


As a hobbyist beauty blogger, I have a certain budget to spend on cosmetics.  I allocate those funds and hope that I can spend them on some pretty compact of colors, creams or pencils.  Sometimes though those funds will have to be used up for an emergency like a contribution to pop culture.

I had my list of products set up on Sephora and with the VIB bonus points at 3x's, I thought to myself perfect timing to buy some Marc Jacob products.  Of course, for me the first products I eyed were the eyeshadow palettes particularly this one: Marc Jacobs Beauty Style Eye-Con The Punk ($42) with the champagne/purple orchid sheen/matte bright aubergine.  I figured the purple palette would be perfect for the fall.  Pretty!



*picture from sephora.com

Then, it happened.  I netflixed through the past season (season 5) of Breaking Bad and just had to continue my fix with Heisenberg. 

You see, I cut the cord on cable because I hardly watched enough to warrant the price I was paying.  Yes, I live with an HD antenna, Huluplus and Netflix.  I really don't miss much except Breaking Bad.  Why? Not only am I a fan of Vince Gilligan from his X-Files days, I am a fan of excellent television.  Television is entertainment first and rarely do I find a show with well written stories involving characters who have evolved well beyond their normal "manufactured perfect lives" into a complex "criminally driven suburban drug cartel"!

Since this is the final season of the show, I couldn't wait for it to be on Netflix.  I would like to say that it is mean for allowing only UK Netflix subscribers to see the show the day after they are on cable tv here.  No fair I say but life isn't about being fair and it is about living.  I want to live the last days of Walter White's life and, therefore, used my makeup budget to buy the shows on Amazon.  No I don't torrent, I don't like using my computer as a television. I grew up watching tv on tv. (I am old-fashioned.)

So remember my name readers, I am Olivia who has sacrificed a review of what could have been a fantastic beauty product for this blog for a television memory in my life.  Definitely selfish, but oh it feels good!  Breaking Bad ROCKS!!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact