[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Soda Pop - What I Grew Up With

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Anyone remember Max Headroom?  Did anyone think the television show was ahead of its time? I did yet I vaguely remember the plots of the shows.  In fact, I remember more of Max Headroom's talk show in the UK.

My memories of Max Headroom had to do with his cheeky talk show with his guests like a very flamboyant Boy George.  I thought it was quite unusual and very cool.

Of course, the US had to jump on the bandwagon and have Max Headroom repeat his talk shows, only you had to pay.  In other words if you didn't have cable or for that matter Cinemax you were pretty much out of luck.  Then, ABC decided to take the British tv pilot Max Headroom: 20 Minutes Into the Future and make an entire series.  Yes, I watched it but honestly I vaguely remember the plots of the show.  I remember Amanda Pays and I think one episode starred Lisa Niemi (Patrick Swayze's wife).

With the show and the cyberpunkiness of Max came advertisements.  I remember the Coke adverts more than the shows and even collected the cans even though I didn't drink Coke.  I was a Pepsi person.  (Remember, the hoopla over the old coke and new coke?)



Here is the Max Headroom Coke can.  A special size with an extra 4 oz of that gross HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) mix.



What a great way of advertising the new Coke for the new generation.  Obviously, the outcry and the love for the old version won.  Don't fix anything that isn't broken, right?

Anyway, for the UKers, I don't know if this one still exists but I remember drinking this one.  The sugary orange taste still sits in my mouth.  I thought it was pretty cool to have a Superman look alike on the can.  Memories!






Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact