[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Conniption, Quandary, and Epiphany

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Just some twaddle.*



Conniption, quandary, and epiphany are three names of what I would name my fragrances if I ever got into that field but after knowing what beaver anal glands were used for, I kinda put that thought on the back burner.

Actually, they are what I went through after I looked through my makeup collection and just couldn't organize.  I was angry at myself for not being able to understand why I couldn't apply makeup in an organized manner.  This led me to all my taupes which I know you have read enough about.  Then, I thought about all the boring informative makeup info in my head that has nothing to do with reviewing any products.  I wondered about writing posts on those thoughts to empty my brain.  Well, more on this but first.

If you found the posts on "Choosing Your Essentials..." from both  Kryolan and Inglot helpful, I am glad.  I have always wanted to know what the basic colors were from their vast array of colors.  I am or was trying to work on other brands but, honestly, they haven't helped or just don't answer emails.  Therefore, I honestly have to say that I am not a happy person as a blogger and as a customer.

As a blogger I did ask them info would be helpful for my readers and stated I didn't want anything in return.  I wasn't asking for any product.  Well, either the brand mistaken what I meant and figured I wanted something other than info and refused to answer.  Or they just don't have the colors to really match to the names I asked for.  Either way, I am miffed!  And as a customer, I feel my business just isn't important enough.

Some of you may be wondering why I haven't hooked up with any PR.  Well as I stated in this post here, I am pretty much left to my own devices vices.  Let me tell you rejection is an awful feeling even when it is not personal.  Which leads me to my stats.

And, I mean my stats and calculations.  I did mention finding my niche and the more I look at my popular posts and the percentage of all times hits averaging each post (I won't bore you with the mathematics), I found my tutorial posts do the best overall.  In fact, even with the my tutorial blog, Into the Palette, that one averages more hits and visitor length than this blog here.  Boohoo!

Really, it is an epiphany because it tells me I can do more quality content than spreading myself too thinly by trying all these social networking sites.

Social networking via one person is hard and the best places for me are Twitter @Fauxlivia and Pinterest which I love because I get to see many of my interests and not just beauty in one spot!

So, I hope you will stick with me with more tutorials, even though at times my blogs could really become sleep-aids!  Maybe, through osmosis the makeup information will seep into your heads and one day you will wake up and say, "What an epiphany!"

Okay, maybe not!

XOXO,

Olivia

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact