[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Non-Sephora VIB Haul

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*Bought by me.*



I did receive the coupon for the VIB Sephora sale and passed on it.  Many of you probably think I am crazy and your thoughts are well understood.  After all, the chance to buy designer cosmetic brands for a discount is great.  Yeah, it tore my makeup heart but I really had to feed the lemming of the past.  I had to buy these products instead.

I did a very small haul from Camera Ready Cosmetics, so small that it only consisted of two products.  However, these two products not only saved me money, but they replaced or will replace several products.

MAQpro Concealer/Lip/Cheek Petite Palette ($23.99)

I have been wanting a MAQpro product since 2007, since my Makeupalley days!  Why did I wait so long?  I strayed, that is why!  I also had other pro products to use up and buying this palette would not have received the attention it would get now.


Honestly, I didn't buy this from the raves of makeup artists or other bloggers, I bought this one to use for everyday and to replace some products which I was finding a bit frustrating due to texture and such. 




If you check out the colors, you see they are colors used as lipstick, blush, concealer, neutralizer, contour, highlight, eyeliners, and eyeshadow.  The texture is amazingly smooth and really non-greasy, yet creamy enough to spread easily.  They are also very pigmented which means there is a learning curve to the amount you have to apply.

Yaby Liquid Foundation ($13.99)

If you read my review of MUFE HD foundation here, you know I wasn't exactly wowed by it.  Well, after that post, I pretty much used it up for playing and practicing makeup techniques on myself.  I had to find a replacement but wasn't willing to spend the same amount.  I decided to go for this one which looks tiny but it sure holds color like a white sock washed in the color batch!



You can see how small it is compared to MUFE concealer! Yes, it can be used as a concealer also!


This one has a learning curve and it also has to be judged by, really, its reflectivity or how the light bounces off of the skin with it on.  Great on mature skin!  It does provide buildable coverage but it isn't one that is just slathered on and mushed around with the fingers.  This one uses very little and is spread to the thinnest layer.  If you see it on your skin, you have applied too much! This foundation beautifully evens out the skin tone and is a very high quality professional product.  The container leaves room for customization or to mix other Yaby foundation colors to tweak it.
 
There you have my small haul.  I will do another post on MAQpro and the various ways to use it and deeply analyze to see if it is worth it for the average makeup consumer. 

XOXO,

Olivia


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact