[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Twinkle Those Eyes with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.* *I bought this.*


I apologize for procrastinating my review of Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow.  I could have sworn I bought this just a couple of months ago only to find I bought it back in 2011!  See the haul here, and notice there is no mention of it after that post.  Finally, I am going to review.  Better late than never, right?

I bought Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Long Wear Luminous Eyeshadow in Épatant.  I am not quite sure how much it cost 2 years ago, but now it is priced at $36 (USD).


It comes with a cute little (almost) eyeliner brush.  I really didn't find it useful to use as an eyeliner brush because the tip was a bit flimsy.  However, when the Chanel name is stamped on a cute little brush with a cap, this brush alone becomes keeper!


When I first used this product, I could honestly say I wasn't as wowed by it as everyone else.  I didn't like the somewhat wet texture of it.  I also didn't like the overpowering metallic finish.  That was then and this is now.


Épatant is a metallic khaki which has as much glimmer and glitz as Liberace!  You can see in the various lighting conditions, this eyeshadow will bring light to any dark situation!



The swatch shows a slight tinge of khaki and more of the silver metallic mirror shine.


The pictures above were taken after my purchase, making the amount shown just filling the jar with luxury and pure glistening joy.  Yeah, I did expect the shrinkage.


Honestly, I like it better now since it has less of a wet texture, making it adhere better onto a brush and onto my eyes.  If I want more of a concentrated metallic finish, I just use my non-silicone based eye makeup remover  a.k.a Rimmel Eye Makeup Remover (click here to read about this method) as an eyeshadow sealant.  See below? A nice opaque metallic finish which lasts all day too!  (The eye makeup is a variation of the most recent tutorial on Into the Palette.)


Do I think it is worth the $30+ I spent two years ago?  If you asked me then, I probably would have hesitated.  Today, even though it has shrunk in the container, I find it worth it for the luxurious metallic finish and ease of application.



*I bought this!*



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact