[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

A Quick Buy - Almay Shadow Softies

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*I bought these.*



I really can't remember the last time I bought an Almay product.  I usually skip this line because I know the colors aren't exactly saturated.  So, why did I buy the Almay Shadow Softies?

Good question.  I guess I just hoped Almay had improved.  After all, Kate Hudson is the celebrity spokesmodel.  Maybe, there was a chance the eyeshadows would be good or even useful.


Almay Shadow Softies ($4-$5) come in an array of wearable colors from neutrals to soft colorful ones.  They come in both matte (satin) and shimmer (metallics).  I bought Hot Fudge, the basic dark brown and Peach Fuzz, the basic peach with some shimmer.


The formula is similar to the Maybelline Bouncy Blush but with less bounce.  See the smooshed version of the Peach Fuzz?  The texture is quite smooth but the biggest disappointment is the pigment.  I wouldn't call it sheer, I would call it "hardly there".  I could handle sheer in the aspect of the color is visible and allows your skin to show up.  This eyeshadow just lacks pigment.


The swatches below were the result of me rubbing the color onto my skin about 10x's.  No fooling either as you can see from the Peach Fuzz where my dry skin is beginning to flake.  With this little pigment to show, I found them a waste to apply onto my eyes to take a picture.


The only way I would recommend this is to teens who are just starting out in makeup.  The lack of color and the ease of application with a finger is pretty good start for the young makeup novice.  However, once that novice begins to experiment, you know she will want something more pigmented!


*I bought these.*

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact