[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

The Eclectic Top Ten Beauty Products of 2013

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*
*PR samples and bought products.*



Choosing the best beauty products for 2013 turned out to be a bigger task than the years before. If you are wondering what I chose for 2011 and 2012, just click here.  This year, the list consists of products from every area of cosmetics, from makeup to beauty tools.

The major criteria for choosing the top ten had to be impression.  Did the product leave a lasting impression in my brain for what it was suppose to do?  The other criteria, could the product work on the everyday beauty junkie without any major learning techniques?  If you are wondering what I chose, just read on.

TUBB (The Unknown Beauty Blog) Top Ten Product Picks of 2013

They are the following in no particular order:

Touch Face Beauty Tool


1-Touch Face Auto Makeup Device (£22-34) - Or what I call the fastest stippling sponge!  I have raved and mentioned this beauty tool many times over on this blog.  Good vibrations is what I get from this makeup sponge!

Wantable Subscription Box


2-Even though the January box was a dud, Wantable  creates what I consider the best monthly subscription box for total makeup addicts!  On a monthly basis at a price of ($36) with an option to skip or a one time purchase of ($40), each box contains 4 to 5 full size makeup products from various brands.  Unhappy with the shipment? The box can be returned for a refund. There is also an Intimates Box and an Accessories Box.  Did I mention the great customer service?

Mont Bleu Crystal Glass Nail Files


3-Mont Bleu Crytal Glass Nail Files- I reviewed these here.  I honestly thought glass files were all the same until I used this one!  There is a difference and that being, one feels like scraping your nails on a chalkboard.  You know how some glass files just make you grit your teeth?  Well, Mont Bleu files won't make you.  These are what I consider the only glass nail file to file nails with.  They file them so smoothly with little vibration going up your arm and into your ears!  Easy to clean too!

Apivita Queen Bee Eye Cream


4-Apivita Queen Bee Anti-Wrinkle and Restoring Eye Cream ($65)- I am picky about eye creams.  I need an eye cream that will moisturize the skin around my eyes yet not feel dry and tight.  Do all that and it can't interfere with my makeup application.  Oh yes, no milia please!  This one has been THE EYE CREAM!  Check out my review here.

Ben Nye Eyeshadows


5-Ben Nye Eyeshadows ($9)- I reviewed these eyeshadows in this post here.  If you are looking for pro-quality eyeshadows at a great price, not to mention cheaper than some drugstore brands, Ben Nye is it!!! The huge size pans, major pigment, great quality, and made in the U.S.A.; you can't go wrong with this brand!!!

Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum


6-Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid Serum ($22)- Reviewed here.  This is a brand where every skin care product can be trusted.  Why? You can read and understand the ingredient listing!  The list is short which means the products contain only the ingredients needed to do the job.  The Hyaluronic Acid Serum is a great moisture booster for dry skins and if you have somewhat oily skin or if the weather is humid, just use this alone.

Bare Love Beauty


7-Bare Love Beauty Luxury Body Fuel ($28)- Check out the in-depth review here.  An innovative and technologically advanced formulation of plant based oils to moisturize skin.  This is what Bare Love Beauty is all about.  The line prides itself on simplicity.  I consider the Rebecca Cook to be the Steve Jobs of skin care!!

Rock Your Hair Leave-in Conditioner


8-Rock Your Hair Miracle Leave-In Conditioner ($20)- When I received this and reviewed it here, I liked it for it was weightless and detangled.  It was only this winter I realized how great this product actually was after I bleached my hair again and I swore I wouldn't do it.  Admittedly, bleaching is not a healthy process for the hair especially if it is double processed.  However, I use this product everyday and it detangles, conditions, and leaves a nice silky shine to my hair without coating it like butter!  This is one of the best leave-in conditioning sprays I have used!  For those of you who don't color or damage your very dark locks as much as I do, you might not notice the efficacy of this conditioner, but for those who hate to see their locks get tangled in a bunch; this is the leave-in to use!

Milani Color Statement Lipsticks


9-Milani Color Statement Lipsticks ($5.50)- I have several of these and reviewed them here.  Great price, great pigment, and excellent color selection; Milani Cosmetics has my love when it comes to their lipsticks!

MAQpro Cream Palette


10-MAQpro Concealer/Lip/Cheek Petite Palette ($23.99)- You bet, I had to include this little palette of uber-pigmented creams (which I reviewed here)!  Unlike other pro brands where you really have to play and familiarize yourself with the texture, this one is easy to use for the novice and q-tip (makeup applicator) like me.  The pigment and texture ride so smoothly on the skin that the product will look like your skin and not makeup.  Coverage is excellent also!  This is one cream palette everyone needs!

There you have my TOP TEN beauty products of 2013!!!  They are the products which I consider to be A-List.  Not a conventional list of products but then again, why be conventional? If you haven't tried these or find them on your B-List, I suggest trying them and bump them up!

*A selection of PR samples and bought products.*



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact