[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Be a Cute Donkey or Be a Jackass

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


As you know, I have been blogging for five years and at this stage of my blogging "career" (I am laughing!), I should be seeing my numbers grow BIG. (Please, no SEO's contact me, I already know the entire spiel!)  But, I kept them at a steady and independent state because I don't want to lose touch with the audience I have.

But, I know many are willing to be pros and just have an audience and have their numbers grow all the while being fed enormous amounts of PR samples and gift cards.  I find the amount given to these big bloggers can be ridiculous.

Hype is inevitable, after all the products have to sell, and now you have bloggers helping sell products, some which aren't even aimed at them.  When does a 20 year old need an age cream?  Then again, nothing has changed.  All that matters is the "large" audience or followers of the blogger.

Now, what happens to me is, I lose interest not only in the blogger but the company because the game becomes too obvious.  For the blogger it could be popularity and $$, for the company it is $$$.  These actions give me the feeling of worthlessness as a follower.  For one, the blogger doesn't care who I am (and doesn't even know who I am) as long as I say something sweet and nice.  Second, the company needs someone to get the word out to sell the very expensive product hoping some old woman will feel insecure enough to spend her hard earned money on a jar which contains youth for a 20 year old but a jar of empty promises for her!

And then, I think about the miniscule of samplings I have received.  Have I been swayed by the opportunity of sampling?  Allowing myself to hype something that really isn't that great?  Did I fool my cult?  Maybe, the opportunity of sampling made me feel cute and wanted in the blogging world when all the while I probably have been a total jackass!  

So what I want to know is, how much of an impact does a blog have on your purchase? Especially when the blogger/vlogger is receiving massive amounts of products or is being sponsored (and doesn't disclose this).  Do you think the blogging world has changed? Or is it the same? Do you still have faith in the blogging/vlogging community?

OR MAYBE

Have I wronged you in a purchase and did you wish me some bad karma?  Or maybe, you just think my unconventional taste in pro line products are just a bit off tangent for you.  Yet you find the products interesting.

Okay, I am going off into my own wormhole, but you get what I am trying to say.  Oh and one other thing, I WISH THERE WAS A MONTHLY PRO MAKEUP BOX!  I really would be happy to subscribe to that one! 

*Donkey pic courtesy of Public domain via Wikimedia Commons



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact