[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Did I Gel with Milani Bella Eyes?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*


I didn’t jump on the bandwagon just because many bloggers raved about Milani Bella Eyes.  I figured if I found these at my local drugstore in the colors I wanted, then I would try them.

I did buy two of the Milani Bella Eyes ($3.99), Bella Caffe and Bella Espresso.

Milani Bella Eyes


These eyeshadows are described as gel eyeshadows which turn into a powder.  At first, I expected a softness to them like the Almay Shadow Softies.  I even thought someone had smooshed their finger into my eyeshadows but realized they were sealed.  They aren’t soft and they don’t feel like a gel.  Maybe, the silicone base formula allows Milani to call them gels more than powders.  I find they are more like a baked and a regular powder eyeshadow hybrid.

Bella Caffe is a satin matte caramel brown.  Bella Espresso is suppose to be a dark brown but is more of a satin medium neutral brown. 

Bella Caffe

Bella Espresso


I have used these eyeshadows in a previous post.  To tell you the truth, I wasn’t really happy with the result of my eyes but I figured since the post was really about the makeup brushes I used, I would leave the eyeshadow as is. 

The texture is a powder with a slight slickness of a silicone base, this in turn allows the pigments to adhere to the skin faster than a regular dry-ish powder.  The texture and formula may be nice but I found more minuses than the pluses in these eyeshadows. Applying with a brush appeared to get me nowhere, I could only get so much color saturation.

Applying with a finger or even a sponge tip applicator allowed for more color YET, there was fall out.  You could say the first group of pigments didn’t want any other pigments to ride with them!  This made the color application take longer.  With a good regular powder eyeshadow, I would have had the color show up in one swipe and with a brush. The color would only saturate so far, you can apply and layer all you want but the color leveled out to a minimal one.

It fades or the skin absorbs the color, I don’t know which.  I even used the Milani Eyeshadow Primer and it still disappeared.  I thought at first to blame myself because I didn’t have the perky eyelids of a teen or a 20 year old but after trying several different eyeshadow bases other than super glue; I knew it wasn’t me!

I used it wet for more color saturation.  That didn’t help because the color turned out less saturated.  Check out the swatches below.

Swatches


So what are my conclusions?  I think for the price of $3.99 (or $4.+ at CVS plus a chance to buy BOGO - buy one get one 50% ) is great.  The price won’t break your pocket book.  Would I use these as part of my regular eyeshadow collection? Probably not because they just fade too much for me.  I would, though, use these or buy them in an emergency situation like saying I forgot to bring my certain brown eyeshadow with me on a trip.  Other than the emergency situation, I will not be buying any more of these.




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact