[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Removing the Hype from Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*


I was deaf for a while and not to mention blind towards the Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows.  Then, Maria from If Makeup Could Talk kept posting her MUFE shadow posts.  She broke me and I ended up buying some myself.

First, if you don’t have actual access to these Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows ($21) in person; you will probably be relying on swatches which will differ on every computer.  I wasted hours analyzing the colors and hoping the swatches followed the color wheel theory.

MUFE Eyeshadows


This in mind, I chose three colors: S-632 (Hazelnut) - warm brown with a slight tinge of redness but leans towards more the yellow; I-542 (Pinky Clay) - pink shimmer embedded in a soft light grey background; and I-318 (Linen Khaki) - a slight light wheat with a light golden green iridescence.

The Swatches


These Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows are described as gel-based eyeshadows with 88% pigment.  With this description in mind, I already knew what the texture would be like.  For me, gel-based is the code word for silicone base.  Nothing wrong with it and with today’s technology silicone isn’t all bad.  Pigment ratio being very high, this is not just important in color; it is important for duration of wear.

For the average consumer:

  • High pigment ratio and gel based will awaken a makeup junkie's curiosity.
  • Texture is dry which is very understandable because pigments are more drying and the base it sits in is silicone.
  • This texture is different from any other “consumer” pigment cosmetic, making it a bit of a learning experience when it comes to application.
  • If you are in the Spring Chicken crowd, the application and color will glide on.
  • If you are a mature woman, I found a layer by layer application better not because of the pigment content, because of the texture being dry.  I did experience fall out even though the eyeshadows are pressed well in the pan. This being said, if you are in a hurry to apply these eyeshadows or if you are used to the high end brands with the smooth easy application, you are better off applying these with a sponge tip applicator.
  • Due to the high pigment content and dryer texture, the color does stay evenly well throughout the day.


For the makeup artist:

  • The name alone, MUFE Artist Shadows, tells there is many possibilities with this amount of pigment.
  • The texture is nothing for the artist who has their application skills down pat.
  • Colors are true from pan to the application onto skin.
  • The artistry in these eyeshadows can be expanded thanks to using it wet or with a sealant. 
  • Body and face painting is easy.
  • With the pro discount, these are better than the one popular brand not only because of the pigment content, but the amount or size of the pan which is larger.  Think average large size pan.


What do I think?

For the way the makeup business is going, this is probably the first line to allow this much pigment into a shadow and have it available for the mass public.  I find this fantastic!  However, the texture for the average consumer takes some getting used to.  For $21 even though there is a palette, there is no fancy case or the snobby designer attitude of some lines.  Choosing the colors is the hardest part especially if you don’t have access to these and are relying on swatches alone.  Even with the theory of the color wheel, I really would have preferred a darker slightly neutral brown than the Hazelnut (S-632) I chose.  Many of the colors are duplicates in other lines and yet there are some that are hard to find in many brands like the Pinky Clay (I-542) and Linen Khaki (I-318). 

For the make up artist, these are eyeshadows worth exploring and probably worth collecting!  The pigment ratio alone makes the worthwhile.  And, if you have a pro discount, all the more better.

Honestly, I couldn’t give a rating because I could see the possibilities from both sides.  I just wanted to remove the hype for a clearer picture for some of you who are wondering about these eyeshadows.

However, for us regular consumers who end up buying retail and who have no chance of going to some makeup convention, the eyeshadows I prefer are, no doubt, Viseart!

Ingredients


*I bought these. Links provided for your convenience.  I have no affiliation with any of these brands, let alone my existence to them is most likely invisible.*



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact