[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

How to Be the Best Beauty Blogger YOU Can Be

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen.*


I don’t know if I should be writing this post because I am just a beauty blogger and nothing more.  I am not an A-List beauty blogger.  And, I don’t consider myself to be some great makeup artist or some beauty guru.  I am just a blogger.

I have been blogging for 5+ years and some of you may be thinking why not make money.  Well, that is my choice.  Maybe, I will someday. But some things you just can't learn with money, you learn from choices and mistakes.

With my years as a beauty blogger, I have learned more than I ever wanted to about blogging and the internet.

When I first started, I thought just write up reviews and such on this Google Blogspot blog.  Use the simple template provided and just type.  What the hell was HTML code?  What was Google Search?  What is an IP address?  What the hell am I doing beauty blogging?

If you are starting out, I suggest 2 things when you choose your template for your blog.  Add these two widgets:  Disqus  and Statcounter.

DON’T just rely on the Google analytics and google commenting system.


Why do you want these two widgets?  You get your reader’s IP address.  This in turn will identify any spammers, trolls, and just major dumbf**ks.  (Sorry, I have to use that term because some just are!)

With the IP address you can always block them from commenting on Disqus and automatically, no need to constantly moderate.  With Statcounter, you can see where they are coming from and pretty much get way too much info.  There really is no privacy! 

With this IP address, you can learn some tricks to block unwanted readers from your website!

So, when you get a plagiarizer saying they know nothing about your blog.  Well, the IP address says otherwise!

But, remember this all helps to a certain extent.


When you start out blogging, don’t expect what you are doing to last with the same enthusiasm.  You will BURN OUT eventually!  Let’s remember, we all have lives outside of the virtual world.  That life should receive the attention FIRST!  Your brain isn't like an octupus' tentacles.

Do expect your blog and perspective to change.  What started out as a simple beauty blog about reviewing products may turn into more of niche blog.  Not as popular but definitely has its place.

ALWAYS give credit where credit is due because even if you think you got away with it, others will know and the search engines will prove it!  And, if you dig deep enough into the internet, you can find more info on the source!  A small blogger/vlogger will appreciate the mention as much as a big blogger/vlogger.

Last but not least, be yourself.  Don’t try to be like anyone else but yourself because you won’t be happy.  Don’t mold yourself into a generic form.  Stand out amongst the crowd by just being you!  Big brands may not care, but you will be introduced to other brands who have the same philosophy as you—individuality!

Special thanks to my readers, individual brands, and the unknown angels who make my blog special!!!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact