[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Purging Your Makeup - An Unconventional Guide

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*The following is a post which only reflects the opinion of the author.*


I have accumulated a lot of makeup that I don’t use.  How did this happen? Mostly out of my own curiosity and greed.  Yes, I hoarded makeup by buying back ups of colors I thought were great only to realize something better comes along.  So, how do I purge my cosmetics?

The number one way to judge a product is by sight and smell.  If you see something fuzzy and green growing in it, I would suggest you get rid of it.  I don’t think you need to be making your own weird strain of penicillin! Also, if it smells funny like close to a monkey’s ass, that is telling you it is off!  Throw it away!!!!


Quality.  I realized I bought around many products.  What does this mean?  I bought makeup from brands I knew wouldn’t make me happy due to quality but bargain price-wise I thought it would make up for it.  Not good, I spent more on buying the drugstore brands than I would on one high end one.  Too many mediocre products that take up space.  Better to have willpower and forget about the lower end brands and save up for the one you really want!

Wrong color and it won’t change to the right one! Yeah, I buy something hoping it would work but it doesn’t like a color looks great in the case but on me it looks just plain awful.  What is the use of keeping it if I just keep it in a dark box?  Time to get rid of it.

Pain to use.  The packaging could be all wrong.  Am I going to use the little pot or just the simple stick of color?  Which one suits me more?  Get rid of the one I find a hassle to use if I can’t repackage it.

Texture of the product.  I am not saying how it has changed in the package due to age.  I am talking about me changing due to age.  What was once looking great in color and texture didn’t necessarily look right now.  Time to get rid of it.

Falling out of love.  Yeah, I fell out of love with a brand due to certain memories I associate with it.  Until those memories can be erased with a palette of new ones, I will just let the rubber compacts find a new home.

And finally, why keep the sh!t?  If I know I will never look at it again no matter how the seasons change, better to say bye-bye to the product.  Or just try to have fun with it in another way like I did below!






Yes, I threw away some stuff and for the other stuff, it is going to some squealing teenage girls!

By the way, I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who is celebrating.  I won’t be posting any personal stuff until next week.  Also, I changed the look of the blog.  If you find any glitches or just plain weirdness to this, please tell me.

XOXO,


Olivia


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact