[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

How to Press Loose Makeup Pigments

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*
*I bought these. No animals were harmed.*


In the last post, I showed you the loose piggies or pigments I bought from a great site called DIY Cosmetics.  I also bought the pans and press to make them into a pressed version.  And, Maria from If Makeup Could Talk asked me to show how I pressed these little bags of piggies.

First, I am no expert in pressing makeup into their pans.  In fact, the DIY website has a great section on how to mix and make some makeup and even how to press them.  I am doing this just as a hobbyist.

I use a rubber mallet and a meat tenderizer. (Hammer works just as well, I just had the tenderizer handy since I don't eat meat anymore.)

A couple of scoops to measure.  May I suggest you buy the accessory kit for $6.  It contains the scoops, mixing paper, mask, and other stuff.  (The necessary items which are a pain to think about when you usually don't deal with this type of makeup.)


A small mixing cup and a little whisk (or coffee grinder or small electric mixer).  These are needed if you are buying pure pigments.


If you buy the pure pigments from Wholesale Pigments, you will have to buy the mixing base which allows them to be pressed.  However, if you buy the premade makeup from DIY Cosmetics, even though they are sold in loose form; they are pre-mixed and ready to press.  No need to buy other ingredients.  All you need are the pans and the pressing equipment.


Other handy items are an old rag or paper towels.  You also want to do this on a hard surface.  I use an old wooden board.


Here I have mixed my pigment with the base.  If you bought the pre-made mixes, just skip this step.


Scoop out about teaspoon of product to press into a 29mm pan.  (For this post, I used only 1/2 teaspoon to show the process more clearly.)  The full teaspoon would overflow, this is why I put an old wet rag beneath so the powder doesn't go flying around!!


Gently, pat the powder in the pan with the scoop.  Place the silicone pressing pad into the pan.



Place the rubber mallet on top and tap it down with a hammer or in my case the smooth side of the meat tenderizer.


The result should be a firmly pressed tablet of makeup.


The process is not for neat freaks because the loose pigment will be in the pressing vicinity, thus the reason for the wet rag.  The silicone pad does a decent job in pressing the pigments.  Of course, you can buy the heavy duty steel version which I found tempting but I knew I wouldn't get my money's worth since I was just pressing very little.

For those of you who want to buy the pre-made makeup on DIY Cosmetics, which are ready to press, the silicone pad should be enough.

I hope you have found this post just a little helpful.  Maria, I hope I answered some of your questions.


*I bought these.  No animals were harmed. Links provided for your convenience. No affiliations.*


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact