[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

What is Happening in Dr. Olivia's Makeup Lab?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been plagiarized.*


Or a sneak peek into my makeup experiments.  This is the other reason why I have found less time in the virtual world.  I have been concocting some formulas to please my makeup brain.  (Do you hear the loud clap of thunder and see the lightning?)

You know my little taupe eyeshadow I created?  Well, it got my brain thinking about how to amp up the intensity.  How could I get the colors to appear more clear and especially less drying on my mature skin eyelids?

With the loose pigments I have bought from DIY Cosmetics, I have been mixing and remixing.  Here is a peek to what the results of the swatches have been.

Sneak Peek


The top one is a Interference Satin Gold.  Depending on the lighting, the color will appear white or gold.  The loose version of it makes it look more white and not to mention dry.  The "magic" formula appears intensely gold yet has the interference quality without looking dry. Patina Gold, see how the color is more vivid and intense?

All this is good but now I have to see how this formula works in a pan.  In my next post, I will show you the journey of my eyeshadows.  Let's hope the formula works out because then I have to tweak it for the 200th time!

I know the first picture looks like a cake mix, instead of an eyeshadow mix.  Not to disappoint, here are my mini muffins which I made with Birch Benders Gingerbread Spice Pancake mix.

Pancake Mix for Muffins




* Links provided for your convenience. No affiliation.*


Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact