[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Eyeshadow Results from TUBB Laboratory & Pressing MAC Pigments

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.* 
*The following is just the experiments on makeup piggies.  No animals were harmed.*


As a non-practicing doctor of makeup, I can concoct a makeup formula up for just myself.  If it doesn't work, I have myself to blame.  This means I get to drive myself crazy with these little flashes of color and bits of powder.  How did my experiments go?  Take a look!

First, let me state that the following eyeshadows are for my own personal use and no one else.  Disappointments or raves are strictly only felt by me only.

Remember the Waxelene which I reviewed a few posts back?  The formula of the product made me think about my loose pigments.  Could it bind the pigments and also create a less dry looking eyeshadow?  The journey to create them reminded me of scones!


The Waxelene was melted in a little container with my handy mug warmer (or candle warmer).  The amount really depended on the pigment.  Since, pigments all weigh differently according to their color, I couldn't tell you the exact amount.  I had to watch the mix and this is where the scones came in.  If you ever made them, you know you have to cut in the butter.  The butter has to be coated with the dry mix just enough.  This is the same with the pigments.  Too much of the Waxelene and you get a creamy formula that would crease on the eyes.


You can see in the picture above, the pigments clump in tiny balls.  This is just right.

The next step I did was to really mix the eyeshadow base with the pigment.  So I mixed in the isopropyl alcohol until it turned into a wet mixture.  You could say I got carried away and whipped it with my little mixer!


Then, like filling in a cake pan, I placed the mix into two eyeshadow pans.


As the alcohol evaporated, I pressed down the product.  This results in a very hard press.  Could I have just pressed the product without the alcohol?  Yes, I could but like I mentioned, I wanted the pigments to be completely mixed in with the eyeshadow base.  I didn't want little flecks of the white base to show up when I pressed it dry.

Here are the results of my alcohol mixed and pressed eyeshadows.


I have one thing to say about mixing with alcohol, stay sober!  Okay, bad joke.  Seriously, the texture of the powder changes.  I know there are many of you out there who fix broken powder products with alcohol (and if you have a post let me know so I can link it here),  as much as it does save the powder, it is never the same again application-wise.  These eyeshadows are hard pressed. Yet, they are only for my personal use, so I am happy with the outcome of the intensity and dewiness of the colors.

You can see below the result of some of the colors like my dark taupe and my intereference gold eyeshadow (the color change doesn't show up here).  The look isn't dramatic but wearable.


If I had more patience, I would have tweaked the formula.  If I became serious about this, I would buy different ingredients to get the right powder/cream feel.

Okay, but this was a learning experience for me and I enjoyed it.  For many of you, I will honestly say you will not like the texture of the shadows in the pan.  But NOT TO DISAPPOINT...

What about MAC Pigments?

I bet you didn't know I had some!  Here are two which I pressed: Mauvement and Gold Stroke.


MAC pigments already have binders but pressing them can result in a dry finish on the eyes.  Yes, you could use the foiling method to allow an intense application; but if you are in a hurry, who has time?

Again, I mixed Waxelene with the MAC, see those little balls of color?  That is telling you each one has a bit of the oil/wax mixture in them.


Just press them into the pan like I did in this post.  The results turn out beautiful and the texture is great!


Color intensity is amped up and fallout becomes minimal!


What do you think of my experiments with the pigs?  I know they aren't great but I did have fun and learn.  Are you going to try this?  How about the MAC Pigments?  Let me know.

XOXO,

OLIVIA

*Links provided for your convenience.  Waxelene sample had been provided.*

Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact