[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Artisan Blogging, The Thank You's, & The Basics

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I have to admit as a small blog I don't expect much recognition. But, when someone from the other side of the world considers me to be one of the 15 Famous Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers, I am truly touched!

Recently, @merymirella, a beautiful 26 year old young woman from Morocco, tweeted me a question and I answered her. She turned it into a great post "15 Famous Beauty Bloggers and Vloggers Reveal Their Favorite Foundation" which you can read about on her blog Merymirella here.


After this tweet and the post, I realized what blogging is all about, it is about being genuinely yourself and communication.  Whether it be an obsession over beauty, television, or any other subject; blogging is all about writing words which truly mean something to yourself first, so it can turn into a voice for others to listen to.

With so many blogs out there ( I will stick to beauty blogs),  everyone starts out with wide-eyed excitement.  A new blogger will start with the enthusiasm of becoming accepted into the beauty community.  As the welcome becomes recognition, the blogger will stand at the beauty crossroads: jump on the bandwagon or abandon it.

Jumping on the bandwagon means growing your audience to the point where you may step on various toes to the point others will see it as greed.  I am not saying every big beauty blogger is greedy or unfriendly, but I only know a few who truly are nice.

Abandoning the bandwagon means sticking to the basics of blogging.  An interesting post written by Arash Mazinani titled Back to (Blog) Basics on Grit & Glamour, hits the blogging nail on the head:

"a lot of bloggers just aren’t keeping it real anymore"

More and more bloggers are trying to become the next big "star".  And if you don't think this is true, can you really differentiate the big blogs from the other?  As the post mentions, people read blogs because they were "so different to magazines".  Now, everyone practically looks and sounds like a magazine advert!

Please, read the post, and while you are at it read the other post called, "7 Ways Lifestyle Bloggers Irritate Followers" written by V. the founder of Grit & Glamour.  I am sure you will be nodding your head with each point made.

So, what am I?  Blogging for as long as I have (5+ years) and writing mostly what my brain has in storage can be done.  Is it hard to be true to myself? Yes!  Is it tempting to jump on the bandwagon? Yes.  At times I wish I could just be in sample heaven and just review, but would I be happy? NO!  I would lose my voice!

And this is what TUBB (The Unknown Beauty Blog) is all about, my voice and how I see and interpret the world of beauty and makeup.  I can tell you it is a beautiful world with lots of appreciative bloggers.  True appreciation is the best blogging tool to have!
 
So to all the bloggers who stay true to themselves, your blogging has become an art, making you an
  Artisan Blogger!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact