[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Fast and Easy: How to Make Colored Hair Pomade


I had been contemplating on making my own hair product for awhile.  I just couldn't find a product that worked like my favorite (now gone forever) product by Tricia Sawyer.  Even though it was made as a bronzing cream, it worked out as the best hair pomade for me.  I needed a little push or sign on whether to pursue this.  Then, Lisa Lise wrote a post on a Hair Wax How To.  I knew it was time to try.


Check out: Best High Definition Makeup Products

Check out: Trying to Recreate Beauty as Original as Ladurée Makeup


In Lisa Lise's post, she lists the raw ingredients for creating the hair wax.  They are really common products which you can buy from various soap or cosmetic making sites online.  I took a shortcut and decided to use my Waxelene, since the ingredients are pretty much along the same line as the hair wax: organic soybean oil, beeswax, organic rosemary oil, and vitamin E oil.

Here is how I made my own hair pomade.  You will need the following:
  • A sterilized container.
  • About 3.5 oz of Waxelene.
  • Essential oils of your choice for fragrance.
  • Mica to color the hair pomade.
  • Coffee cup warmer (aka candle warmer)
Other things you will need is a stainless steel spatula and lots of paper towels.


If you don't have a candle warmer, you can always use your stove top.  Just make sure you use low heat.  Nothing worse than the smell of burnt waxes and oils.


Melt about 3.5 oz of Waxelene.  The reason why I made a huge amount is because the end product is really more than just a hair pomade.  It can be used as a bronzer or even a lip product.


Once it has melted thoroughly mix in about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pigment.  I know that sounds like a lot but I made a large amount.  The pigment I used was a mix of shimmer bronze and gold.  I bought them at Just Pigments.  Adding pigment is optional.  Another good idea, if you choose to add color; add one according to your own hair color.  I chose the bronze because my hair is between a light brown and red.  I added gold for just a glint of sparkle.


Once the pigments are well dispersed in the oil, take it off the candle warmer and stir in a couple of drops of essential oil(s) of your choice for fragrance.  I didn't use a set amount, I just used my nose to judge.  Then, let it cool down and harden.  (Looks like some chocolate dessert, doesn't it?)  If you look up close, you can see the gold flecks.


You can see from the swatches the texture and the color.  I take a small amount and rub it in between my hands to soften the wax evenly then apply onto my hair or even my face or shoulders.  It is a pretty nice bronzer!


You can see how it works in my hair.  Gives it shine and moisture.  I do have damaged hair thanks to my hair color and bleaching addiction.  A small amount gives it shine, moisture, and a hint of color!


Hope you enjoyed my little how-to on hair pomade.  I have to state I am not an expert in this and I probably did some steps wrong.  I am just happy it turned out to my satisfaction and nothing exploded!

Are you tempted to make your own hair pomade?


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives