[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]



404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

6 Years of Beauty Blogging & Look Where I Am


My 6 year blogging anniversary is coming up at the end of this month (June 28th).  This year beauty blogging has been a mountainous climb for me.  I honestly felt after what happened last fall, the blogs weren’t worth the energy I had put into them.  I really didn’t think they would last into this summer.  Then, a few weeks ago, what had passed became the past.


Check Out: Pro Makeup Products - Why & How You Should Try

As you know I am truly independent.  Good samples are like a roulette wheel in Vegas, just pure luck for me.  I get press releases and ask for samples, never get anything automatically.  I guess this is good in a way.  You don’t get the usual reviews from me.  I also can’t do reviews on products that are way out of my personality league.  You longtime readers would know the lies instantly.  I can’t pull the wool over your eyes.  This brings me to every one of you — my cult members.

I hope you don’t get sick of me saying this, but I owe my blogs to all of you who take the time to read them.  You actually take time out of your busy life to come to my little corner of the blogging world.  I appreciate the sacrifice so much!!!

I think what happened in the recent weeks really clinched what I like about blogging, it’s the humor and fun.  I think makeup has really lost its humor, everything has become a race of so much PR and so much idolizing, everything just melts into one big cesspool of popularity and greed.

I never had more fun with a blog post than the Westmore Beauty post!!!  To collaborate with Aldona was great!! Especially, after receiving bits of info from Kandace and McKenzie and to incorporate that into the comic strip, absolute genius!!!  Then, to keep the humor going, the movie parody poster I did of Aldona for her many different looks, was a hoot for me!  A blog post has to have some humor and fun so readers can just smile.  And, smiling is something that is really disappearing now in this competitive blogosphere.

Now onto dental floss, thanks to oral hygiene, I can smile.  I thank each and every one who has given me credit for the technique, my grandmother would be happy!!! After all, we can’t have an imposter parading around.  Just because someone has a groupie of followers, it doesn't give them the right to steal material from the web, information on the internet is copyrighted.  However, the right to look daft is understood.

When I discovered (get the joke? Yes, it was google search) blogger/vlogger Allison from Eyes On Allison did a great video on the “depot with floss” technique,  I contacted her.

Conversing with her, she is a sweet and beautiful young woman, just starting out in blogging/vlogging.  What she did for me, and I don’t think she knows this, she actually allowed me to move on from the psychological misery from the defaming remarks made by the other vlogger; what had passed had become the past!

Check Out: Resurrecting Beauty Blogging


Check out her video and her clever hashtag -- #stoptheviolence.  I get it, if you poke your makeup, you are in a sense poking yourself!  Go give her the thumbs up.👍  Also, check out what she did with her Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Palette.  She depotted it and housed the blushes perfectly into a Laura Mercier palette!

By the way, if anyone else has done a video or a post, let me know or just mention it in the comment box below, would love to see how you did.

What is in the future for this blog? I really can't say.  Would I turn pro? Maybe, but it would have to take a good sense of sanity and lots of humor!  I really can't look at makeup without some sense of humor.  Makeup may be serious but it does have its laughs in the form of pure fun.

I hope whatever happens you will stick with me because you, my minions help keep me grounded!!!


Olivia


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/hI0hEmoxfxE[/video]

Google+ Linked In Pin It

The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact Me   |   Archives